Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:59:00 PM EDT
Someone mentioned to me that mobil oil change company may be a good business.  The people would be able to get there oil changed at there houses instead of wasting time at the dealerships or lubes.  I never thought about this untill someone mentioned it to me.  What do you guys think about it?  

Without really thinking about it, i think it would be hard to make money at it.  You would have to charge more then the lube places and be able to get alot of cars done in a day.  You could target office complexes and places like that and knock out a bunch all in one place.  What do you think?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting concept, I wonder what kind of EPA rules would be involved
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Good idea.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My neighbor does it.

He has fleet contracts and just shows up according to the contract schedule, changes the oil and moves on.

Then goes home and waits for the check.

That's the way most of those guys do it, around here anyway.

I don't see how you could make a living doing it for individuals.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My neighbor does it.

He has fleet contracts and just shows up according to the contract schedule, changes the oil and moves on.

Then goes home and waits for the check.

That's the way most of those guys do it, around here anyway.

I don't see how you could make a living doing it for individuals.

You would have to kick arse and take names . . . being willing to pound the pavement a lot to look for work.  Seems like it would take forever and a day to become profitable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top