Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2001 1:33:59 PM EDT
Someone to trust?....or is he a politician who can turn face to suit the need?.....what do you think?......
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll tell you, I would have trusted anything on him before he became AG.  As the liberals screamed earlier this year; "HE VOTED 13 OUT OF 13 TIMES [i]AGAINST[/i] GUN CONTROL!"  He has great integrity, and conviction.

But as I said, now that he is AG, power can corrupt.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What?

Do you prefer Janet Reno?

Ashcroft is on our side, but he ain't going to change the world.

When you get an appointment like that, you are expected to enforce the law. If he refuses to enforce laws that he personally believes are not Constitutional, he will be out in a flash.
Besides, any conservative appontee will defer to the legislative and judicial branches when determining constitutionality.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll tell you, I would have trusted anything on him before he became AG.  As the liberals screamed earlier this year; "HE VOTED 13 OUT OF 13 TIMES [i]AGAINST[/i] GUN CONTROL!"  He has great integrity, and conviction.

But as I said, now that he is AG, power can corrupt.
View Quote
                                           My point, exactly!......Reno? of course not.....but the question was not meant as a comparison, as there is none......[:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ashcroft seems like a really good guy.  It has been a 180 degree turn from the Klinton Justice Dept.  He reversed the Departments position on the 2nd Amendment & ordered the destruction of gun purchase records after 24 hours.  He is driving the likes of Chucky Schumer and Teddy Kennedy nuts.  It's good to see common sense restored at the Justice Dept.  Hope he keeps it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top