Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 1:45:54 PM EDT
I am running Windows 98SE and using Mozilla Firefox as my browser.  When I go to download anything from the internet, my A: drive (3.5) starts making noise like it is trying to download to that drive.  When I go to save something I never try to save it to that drive, I choose "my documents", so is there a setting somewhere I can change to make it stop trying to save to the A drive?  I lloked in tools for Firefox and I looked in the internet options in 98 and cannot find anything. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Its not trying to download to the floppy drive, Windows is
LOOKING for a file in the floppy drive.
It is most likely caused by an installation that set the Registry
to look for a file, possibly an .inf file in the floppy drive.
As far as fixing it, its not going to be found in a setting.
Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Can also be a bug in your Anti-Virus - the A/V keeps probing A: for any save.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Any other ideas? Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Tools --> downloads then click on "All files download to <folder>", click on the <folder>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top