Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 1:39:32 PM EDT
I just ordered a couple of books because I've finally read everything I've been wanting to read.  Has anybody read these?  What do you think?

Rangars Urban Survival

Tactical Advantage (Gabriel Suarez)

Armed and Female (Paxton Quigley)... this ones is for the wife

Principles of Personal Defense (Cooper)

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
"Tactical Advantage" was pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the list .
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Welcome to the list .

I've been on it for a long time.    Fuck em.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Principles of Personal Defense (Cooper) is a must read. The mindset it lays out combined with physical fitness and skill at arms is the basis for survival.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I read "On Combat" by Gabriel Suarez and "Principles of Personal Defense" by Cooper last night.  Two of the best books I have ever read, bar none.  I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in personal defense.  Your mind is your greatest weapon, and these books really give you some things to think about, and reinforce some things that we probably all already believe/know.  

No doubt I will probably have memorized "Principles of Personal Defense" by the time I get tired of re-reading it.

A+

ETA:  both of these books are also very entertaining.  Both of these guys are pretty hilarious and have a good way of putting things.  Some of the stuff they say is funny because it is so true and they are very blunt and straight-forward about it.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Armed and Female was very enlightening.  There are case studies of victims who may have been better off if they were armed at the times of their "encounters".  That part is hard to read and sometimes sad.
There is the story of Quiggly's own decision to take training and become armed.
The legal and training sections were well done, with lots of help from Ayoob.
There is a small section that describes types of handguns: sizes, calibers, action types, etc.
I think everyone, men and women, should read it because i believe everyone would benifit from having read it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I received a catalog from Delta Press. I didn't order it. Pretty much the same thing as paladin press. Am I on the list yet or do I have to order a book first?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I received a catalog from Delta Press. I didn't order it. Pretty much the same thing as paladin press. Am I on the list yet or do I have to order a book first?

You made the list . Now order 87 copies of "The Manchurian Candidate" off of Amazon for the fun to start .
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
You know you are on the list when you get mailings from "delta press" and their ammo affiliate "pheonix arms" or something of the sort. im too drunk right now to remember.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Where's the Poor Man's James Bond or Anarchist's Cookbooks I still remember those ads they used to run in the back of the National Enquirer's my mom used to buy during the 80's
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Where's the Poor Man's James Bond or Anarchist's Cookbooks I still remember those ads they used to run in the back of the National Enquirer's my mom used to buy during the 80's

I used to have a copy of The Anarchist's Cookbook on a 3.5" floppy but I can't find it.  It's a shame, there was some neat stuff in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top