Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 1:00:21 PM EDT
How exactly do corporations like security companys for example get modern post 1986 machineguns?, and how does hollywood get hold of them for movies, and TV, like the P90's in SG-1 for example?....

Basicly is there somesort of loophole or exeption, or special license that allows corporations to get around 1986?, and do they still have to pay the transfer tax or fill out the form 4's?....  Yes I'm aware they can get around the signature requirment, but how do they get the modern stuff?....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
try posting in M16 and FA in the AR15 section, some of those guys will know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How exactly do corporations like security companys for example get modern post 1986 machineguns?

they don't

, and how does hollywood get hold of them for movies, and TV, like the P90's in SG-1 for example?....

cuz hollyweird is special

Basicly is there somesort of loophole or exeption, or special license that allows corporations to get around 1986?
No, unless you are a FFl/SOT or manufacturer

, and do they still have to pay the transfer tax or fill out the form 4's?....  Yes I'm aware they can get around the signature requirment, but how do they get the modern stuff?....
still have to do form 4's and you get transferables.. not the new stuff

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Then where do companys like Blackwater for example get all there new toys?....

As for Hollwierd are they all gas guns then?, where are the shell caseings coming from?....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Then where do companys like Blackwater for example get all there new toys?....

As for Hollwierd are they all gas guns then?, where are the shell caseings coming from?....

Blackwater gets "end user certificates" from DoD
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
What are those, and what about domestic security companys?....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
most movies are filmed overseas anymore.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Every time a thread like this comes up I think back to not buying a Steyr Maadi from Red Dawn...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#8]
HOLLYWOOD GUNS SHOOT BLANKS...HUGE FIREBALL PRODUCING BLANKS. Or the fireball is added later in post-prod.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats the difference between the forms?  I see form 1, 3, 4 all the time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I've been able to pick out a form one is an application for makeing an NFA item, a form three is an application for temporary transfer, and a form 4 is an application for transfer....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#12]
A lot of Hollyweird guns are pre-1986
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#13]
There are class III dealers that supply new machine guns to producers for use in movies. Alot are blank firing guns, but others are real MG's, like the ones used in Red Dawn. It'd probably be cheaper to use a real G36, then hunt down a good copy/blank firing one for example.

Not long ago a Class III dealer was asking for pics of original Yugo AK's because he had an order to build a bunch for a movie contract.

Also, when a police department a couple years ago sold off some Thompsons and an Uzi that were transferable at auction, a movie Class III dealer purchased the thompsons I believe.

All in Cali too.

I also read an article where Brad and Angolina had to spend a bunch of time at the range with M4's and some HK weapons to get ready for that movie they just made.

Completely unfair
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]
oops, double post
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#15]
My question is how do the SOTs get the demo letters for all of the machine guns used in movies? I understand how the dealers are able to legally posses title II firearms, but I can't figure out how they get the demo letters to purchase so many of them.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know the percentage, but some of them are Japanese "model gun"s.
Basically glorified cap guns that use cartridges with a place to put caps in.
Quite realistic, they can do most everything that a real gun can do except shoot projectiles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top