Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 12:49:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Imported by EAA, IIRC.
Google that for some more info.

These pistols are based on the CZ pistols, mostly the famous CZ-75 from the Czechs.
I've never heard any bad things about them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a full size stainless 45 from about 1994.They dont make the stainless anymore. Its a 10 shot mag thats the same width as a 1911, if you add the slim grips. I also have a 38 super and 9x23 top end both use the same mag. The hold 19 or 20 and are flush with the butt of the pistol. It is the most accurate non custom built pistol I have ever owned. It also rons 100%.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
the only negative vibes ive heard regarding the Witness pistols was from gun dealers. why would i want to buy a witness on consignment when i can get the brand new sig at full retail?  a close friend of mine has a witness polymer .45 and is very pleased with it. the polymer frame has the narroswest grip of any high cap .45 ive ever held and it happily digested fiocchi HPs that locked 2 of my 1911's up solid. it isnt as accurate as any of my 1911  but then again it cost 25% of what my cheapest 1911 cost. i am a big fan of CZ and based on what ive seen from my friends polymer i plan to get one in 10mm.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Decent, solid guns, they work.  Even if it didnt, it was your dads, keep it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a .40 compact with the wonder finish.  The only thing I did not like about it was the porting.  Great trigger and felt great in my hand.  Never should have sold the thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The Witness is an awesome gun for the price. While you will always find exceptions to everything, I find that the people who are complaining about them the most dont own one and never have(as is the case with a lot of things is life). I have two of them. (The compact .45 and a full size 10MM) they are stout heavy guns that shoot well. They have a good aftermarket and fit the hand (like most CZs) reall well. For draw backs, the finish is cheap and they have crummy sights.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Decent, solid guns, they work.  Even if it didnt, it was your dads, keep it.

Great advice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Witness is an awesome gun for the price. While you will always find exceptions to everything, I find that the people who are complaining about them the most dont own one and never have(as is the case with a lot of things is life). I have two of them. (The compact .45 and a full size 10MM) they are stout heavy guns that shoot well. They have a good aftermarket and fit the hand (like most CZs) reall well. For draw backs, the finish is cheap and they have crummy sights.

Mine has the super sights and are on par with Bomars only lower profile. I'n no shure if thet still offer them .
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a .45 polymer frame compact (8 round mags).  Have never had any problems with a mix of factory and handloads.  The only reason I prefer my 1911 is that there is less torque in the 1911 - probably a result of a faster twist in the Witness.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]

I have an EAA Witness 9mm from 1994.  Low round count, but no problems with it.

Mags here:  www.cdnninvestments.com/eaa.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top