Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Those insurgents need quality optics too. That's where they'll eventually end up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Contact your local Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Port of Entry.  The Customs side of the organization may have special regulations for the exportation of firearm accessories which may be covered under the requirement of a State Department license.  

A Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) may have to be filed.

Check the blue section of local phonebook for Department of Homeland Security for CBP.  

In addition to of whoever is shipping these items may have insights on Indonesia's restrictions on the importation of 1) smallarm accessories, 2) importation of commercial items, 3) duties/taxes imposed by Indonesia's Customs Service.

Have fun!
-P

Note:  Houston has an international airport and will have a CBP Office there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to the post office. They have a book that says what can be shipped to X country. I did this when i shipped something to Japan.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't take an MO from Indochina any way .
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I think if they  have mil-dot reticles, they are a no-no.  Also, any scope "made to military specifications" are not exportable (Trijicons, Aimpoints, etc.)  I believe you can get special export licenses for these items, but it will probably involve a lot of paperwork, and probably not get approved for Indonesia.

fas.org/spp/starwars/offdocs/itar/p121.htm
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think if they  have mil-dot reticles, they are a no-no.  Also, any scope "made to military specifications" are not exportable (Trijicons, Aimpoints, etc.)  I believe you can get special export licenses for these items, but it will probably involve a lot of paperwork, and probably not get approved for Indonesia.

You mean if I ship an Aimpoint overseas I'm suddenly an international arms traffiker?? Wow.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean if I ship an Aimpoint overseas I'm suddenly an international arms traffiker?? Wow.

Yep.  Even more FUBAR if you consider the Aimpoint is made in Sweden, so it has been imported into the US.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  Even more FUBAR if you consider the Aimpoint is made in Sweden, so it has been imported into the US.....

What?! What kind of dumbass nonsense is that??

I'll never understand my government. Well, not until we "restructure" it....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:10:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It was a scam. All the credit cards did not process. Visa is going after the guy

Hammer of dead time baby .
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:42:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Regards Order
To: xxxxxxxxx

Hi my name is Kurowo Wibisono, i'm your customer from Indonesia.
So by this request, I want to purchase your product for completed  my
Store And by this message ,i want to asking about the process if i want  
buy some product from you.
First Are you accept an International orders ?
And are you accept credit card too ?
Can you ship my order Via FedEx Intl priority?
If you can accepted all Please confirm me as soon as .
And the product that i want to buy from you is :

-Leupold LPS 3.5-14x50, 30mm Tube, Side Focus, MilDot, Satin
Quantity : 10 Units

Only this request from me,once again thank's for time and
coorporation to me.

Best Regards,
kurowo Wibisono
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Its a credit card scam. Don't even think about it.

Do a google on Indonesian scams.

Dutch
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I have received about three similar emails through the online auctions over several months.  It's an old scam.
John

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top