Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 9:13:09 AM EDT
Which one should I subscribe to?  I received subscription letters from all three of them in the last two days.  I only plan on one of them.  I barely have time to read the magazines I get now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Shotgun News gun list is usually the same thimg with less EBR stuff
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Save yourself some money & spend more time here.    

It seems like the more time I spend here, the more things I find to buy anyway
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Gun List always seemed like Shotguns News' fatter, uglier cousin - the one with the boy friend that likes to slap her around, so now she's hanging out at all the karaoke bars down by the airport looking for her next victim.  Guns & Ammo on the other hand wears too much perfume and thinks that acting stuck up makes her look 'intriguing'.

All three of the mentioned pubs suffer horribly from "gun-writer-as-god" & "every-new-gadget-is-a-must-have" syndrome.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I think they are all a big waste of time and money.

SGN and Gunlist seem to have worse vendors than you can find here or elsewhere on the internet. Their ads are 3 months behind and often they don't even have what you want to order or the price has changed.

Guns and Ammo is a gunwhore mag IMO. Almost never rip on any of them and while there are a lot of good guns out there many have some failings. Shooting a new gun one day does not do justice to describing those. Typically whoever has large ads gets great reviews.

I have at one time or another subscribed to all of the above. They were okay before I started getting into the gun forums on the internet. I wouldn't waste my money or time anymore.

I would also say that after ordering from many of their vendors that I get their flyers and catalogs ALL the time. These have far more gear and guns than SGN, etc.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends what you're looking for. Gun List has the most classified ads, and is well-organised. SGN has more pictures. G&A is more of a casual read, like when you go to take a dump.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Gun List has the most classified ads, and is well-organised. SGN has more pictures. G&A is more of a casual read, like when you go to take a dump.

This would seem to sum it up quite nicely, IMO.

FWIW, I just let my G&A & Shotgunews subs lapse. I'm sticking to American Handgunner, Guns Magazine & Gun Week newspaper. I do buy a Gun List when I need to shop for something though.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at SAR(Small Arms Review). People seem to like that one and they call it like it is from what I have heard. No personal experience FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Save yourself some money & spend more time here.    

Good advice!  If you have to have some paper, just print out a few of the tech forums and read that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top