Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 10:03:15 PM EDT
After reading about their military weapon systems they have operational at this time , Now I know you break it you own it, but if it comes down to stopping them from  going nuclear . At least their military  capabilities are  not that strong at all
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
after you.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
...masses of asses...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
after you.....

been there done that
just a oldman now
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
military may not be that big but the problem would be the suicide bombers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
military may not be that big but the problem would be the suicide bombers.

or the crazy women with PMS and MP5s under their burkas
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not think we are invading, just bombing and a turkey shoot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Suicide bombers would have a problem with my bullets hitting them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

i don't think they worry about bullets, it still hasn't slowed them down in iraq.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]
one problem affecting a large scale invasion is the topo looks a lot like this

and your roads look like this

I'd rather see us use
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
after you.....

That right there is funny, I don't care who ya are.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#11]
frak the invasion.
Farsi is like the third most common internet language. Huge net useage. Very literate population. The population is also very,very young; thanks in large part to the Iran/Iraq war.....
Selectively destroy military/government "net nanny" capabilities. Let the people communicate w/ less fear of retribution. Route commo sat. overhead and xmit TV programming from ALL of the assorted expatriate dissident groups (even the one's we don't like).
Offer humanitarian aid to the people during the upcoming civil war (after it starts)
Offer "golden parachutes" to thier nuke researchers and families.
Use military forces ONLY to destroy WMDs that are in play.
Sit back, wait.
The Iranians are good folks. Most of them.
Lets just help them figure that out.

Midwinter
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I am not advocating an invasion in my post by anymeans, But I'm sure our generals have already drawn up senarios for the president on how it would be done and the difficulty of it.And it would be a two front war, iraq , afghanistan
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
frak the invasion.
Farsi is like the third most common internet language. Huge net useage. Very literate population. The population is also very,very young; thanks in large part to the Iran/Iraq war.....
Selectively destroy military/government "net nanny" capabilities. Let the people communicate w/ less fear of retribution. Route commo sat. overhead and xmit TV programming from ALL of the assorted expatriate dissident groups (even the one's we don't like).
Offer humanitarian aid to the people during the upcoming civil war (after it starts)
Sit back, wait.

Midwinter

A much better plan!!!!

Better to drill the Mullah's and the forces that keep them in power.   The people there from what I understand are ready get away from the Mullah's.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'd rather see us use
i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/moparman71/moab-daisy-cutter.jpg

I'd rather us use these

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Kind of hopind Syria gets pounded too.  At least Assaad and his ilk and insurgency supply lines.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
frak the invasion.
Sit back, wait.

Midwinter

A much better plan!!!!

Better to drill the Mullah's and the forces that keep them in power.   The people there from what I understand are ready get away from the Mullah's.

From everything I have heard , mind you the experts on fox they have on from time to time, say that we could not take out their nuclear sites from just bombing alone, we would have to go in
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather see us use

I'd rather us use these

img71.imageshack.us/img71/7176/b615ij.jpg

Ahh, a B-61 bomb, I love dial-a-yield.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't think they worry about bullets, it still hasn't slowed them down in iraq.

If you had been a part of OIF 1 you would know we didnt give a shit about suicide bombers then, because we shot everything in sight.  The pussies only came out when politics fucked our ROE into a policing action.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
frak the invasion.
Sit back, wait.

Midwinter

A much better plan!!!!

From everything I have heard , mind you the experts on fox they have on from time to time, say that we could not take out their nuclear sites from just bombing alone, we would have to go in

The people are ready for a revolt in Iran against the Mullah's but the Mullah's maintain control through military/police power.    If you cut all the communication and destroy/disrupt those forces, the people have a very good chance at a takeover.

Some of the nuclear facilities probably are immune to anything we have except the B-83 Thermonuclear weapon in the MT+ yield range.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather see us use

I'd rather us use these

The Real Silver Bullet
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#21]
... You amatures

... Don't you know by now that invasions are generally a cake-walk. Holding the dirt, and the indigenous people's hearts, is the real motherfucking challenge of modern warfare?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Those crazy Islamofreaks used to charge after the Nimitz in duck boats

All in all the Persians are good people, they want the shit so-called leadership out too
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
frak the invasion.
Sit back, wait.

Midwinter

Forking most brilliant post ever on Arfcom!

I salute you!

Merlin
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather see us use

I'd rather us use these

The Real Silver Bullet

I would much rather use the real one and not a trainer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather see us use

I'd rather us use these

The Real Silver Bullet

I would much rather use the real one and not a trainer.

You were not supposed to point that out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top