Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 8:07:23 PM EDT
I don't normally post such personal information here but I just want to tell somebody outside of our circle of friends that son #2 arrived in the world yesterday morning, Jan. 12th via C-section. The future AR owner weighed in at 8 lbs. 8 ozs. and 21 1/4" long. Mom is doing great, and hopefully she and the baby will get to come home Saturday afternoon. I came home so my 2-year old son could have a somewhat normal routine and sleep in his own bed, and my sister-in-law is staying in the room with my wife, that's how I'm able to surf Arf.com. It was my wife's idea for me to come home to stay with our older son, but I still feel guilty for leaving her there.

Right after the baby was born I could tell that he had a lot of fluid in his lungs and they had to work to get it all out. The doctor said it was normal for C-section babies, but it still had me worried. My emotions were already all over the place, and it made it worse when they told me he had to stay under the oxygen for a few hours. Again the doc said this was all normal, but it still scared me being the worrywart that I am. My wife didn't even get to see him until 4:00 in the afternoon, but I am pleased to announce that all is well and his little lungs are clear.

At one time I was convinced I never wanted kids now I have two and wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world. However there won't be a third 'cause I'm going to get "fixed"!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
you poor bastard
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.  When he turns yellow in a few days don't panic.  Put him under some light for about 12 hours a day and he'll be fine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]
 - Congrats SPTiger!!

- SPTiger junior!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Congrats.  When he turns yellow in a few days don't panic.  Put him under some light for about 12 hours a day and he'll be fine.

I've been prepared for that. Our first child did the same thing. I was kinda freaked out then!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations.

See, it didn't fall off after the first one.  But it might if you cut off its supply of precious bodily fliuds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad you are loosing up.  Congrats.

We're cheapskates and just stopped having sex
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!!!  

name him Dubya and......oops, wrong thread.

seriously, good on you and yours
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top