Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 7:10:47 PM EDT
Please call your Senators to PASS THIS BILL!

Immigration Bill

A proposed immigration law, H.R. 4437, is pending in the U.S. Senate. If passed it would:

Make alien smuggling, entering or re-entering the U.S. without permission aggravated felonies. Such convicted felons face deportation and a permanent bar to re-entry. They would also be barred from claiming asylum or refugee status.

Makes it a crime for non-citizens to remain in the United States on an expired visa. Expands penalties for immigration fraud. Makes non-citizen gang members deportable.

Sets mandatory-minimum prison sentences for non-citizens convicted of re-entering the country following deportation. Increases detention space to hold people awaiting deportation. Permits longer detention of people facing deportation orders.

Keep people who voluntarily agree to leave the country within 60 days from filing legal appeals in order to remain. A person who failed to leave could be fined $3,000 and barred from re-entering. A person might be required to post a bond in order to be granted a voluntary-departure agreement, otherwise the person could be detained and deported.

Bar people who ignore deportation orders from appealing their cases in immigration court, and bar them from re-entering the country for 10 years. Increases penalties and sets mandatory-minimum sentences for people who ignore deportation orders.

Require all undocumented immigrants caught sneaking into the U.S. to be detained or immediately released to Mexico, rather than released into the U.S. after signing a promise to appear in immigration court. This provision is submitted to correct the so-called "catch-and-release" of unauthorized immigrants from countries other than Mexico.

Permit deportation of non-citizens convicted three times of drunken driving.

Expands the ability of the Department of Homeland Security to bar non-citizens for lack of "good moral character."
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh hell yeah!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
won't do shit without a good fence on the border.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.mines.gc.ca/site/images/landmine.gif

I hope you're kidding!

Ya know there's wildlife out there, too!

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
It went through the House easily.
The problem now is to keep certain Senators from attaching a Guest Worker Program (Amnesty) to it.
Your Phone Calls can do this.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Would this law not contradict the law that allows Cubans to stay once they enter our soil?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Would this law not contradict the law that allows Cubans to stay once they enter our soil?

Won't matter soon - when Fidel dies this year, we'll just ship all the cubans back anyway.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:33:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Won't matter soon - when Fidel dies this year, we'll just ship all the cubans back anyway.

Most of them have citizenship.. and the few without well, they can ship all the hot Cuban lady's to my place
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Now that I've though about this -- I'm not a big fan on 4437 (though I definitely like the idea) -- some of the kind of people that this country really does need may end up turned away (I'm talking about upstanding people, better than most Americans as citizenship candidates, who contribute to society, and definitely pay a good share in taxes); then again, I'm sure there will always be loopholes and simple looking-the-other-way for proper people.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#10]
"Hey, what this?!" *picks up*

Quoted:
www.mines.gc.ca/site/images/landmine.gif

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
drop all the mines from afgahn onto us mexico border
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Permit deportation of non-citizens convicted three times of drunken driving.

Shouldn't this be ONE time? They are still giving them the soft treatment in their "get tough" bill
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Put some heat on your Senators and Representatives. Join NumbersUSA. I have been burning up the fax machines of my Senators.www.numbersusa.com/index
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top