Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:20:37 PM EDT
Question for someone who KNOWS, as in resident there or has had experience.  Not interested in criticizing or editorializing about what should or should not be (yeah, I know, wording too harsh, but the thread will go way off).

In what countries in Europe (Switzerland comes to mind) can a foreign national buy, say, a pistol without a lot of rigamarole?  I emphasize foreign national as often there are fewer restrictions if it is going out of country.  Ditto on rifle, possibly an "older" one such as FAL or HK91.  Note: before a lot of people get up and screech, or ATF gets "intrested" this is NOT being brought into the US, and will have nothing to do with the US.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The short answer to your question is "none" (to the best of my knowledge) if you are a resident or visitor in those countries (and you would be staying there with the firearm).  In many it is impossible, but some it is possible, but requires lots of paperwork, delays, etc.

If you are buying it to take out of the country, I have no idea - sorry.  You'd probably need to contact some government office in the respective coutnries and ask them, since it is a specific export question.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top