Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 3:44:22 PM EDT
Where do you guys sight it in...........red dot on top of front sight or to point of impact? I am thinking of getting one for my AR, and a friend of mine recommended that it be sighted in with the dot right above the front sight post
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
hey jim bob, I've got an awesome idea!

yeah cleatus?

yeah man we can take this here aimpoint doohicky and put the dot on the front sight post instead of where it hits on the target!

you dumb bastard!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
of course not on the front sight post. What good would that do?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That's why I posted this...........this has been a running argument between us, and despite my best efforts, he is convinced that its the best way to sight it in........something he learned from the local expert...........Hopefully I can get him to look at this and change his mind........
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
putting it on the top of the front sight is a good place to start when zeroing it, but that is just to start.  you still need to put it on paper.  

ask him if he'd just slap a scope on a hunting rifle and not zero it.  its the same damn idea
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
To tell you the truth, I will probably wind up sighting it in for him.........

Quoted:
putting it on the top of the front sight is a good place to start when zeroing it, but that is just to start.  you still need to put it on paper.  

ask him if he'd just slap a scope on a hunting rifle and not zero it.  its the same damn idea

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top