Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 2:08:06 PM EDT
There was a story posted by a member who was involved in a SD shooting where he shot three BGs with his 1911 when he was walking to his car with his girlfriend (a nurse) from a bar/restuarant. It was posted a month or two ago because it had been long enough (a year or two I think) since it happened. There was a lot of useful info in that post and was wondering if anyone could resurrect it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump

I'd like to know too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
if you can thing of a specific thread title or title fragement someone might find it...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There was a story posted by a member who was involved in a SD shooting where he shot three BGs with his 1911 when he was walking to his car with his girlfriend (a nurse) from a bar/restuarant. It was posted a month or two ago because it had been long enough (a year or two I think) since it happened. There was a lot of useful info in that post and was wondering if anyone could resurrect it.

thanks for asking, i would like to read it since you mentioned it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember that story...  

no clue what title to search for though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
i remember it also, the guy had originally posted it in glocktalk.... might want to ask some people there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It was 2 bad guys, the third fled in the van. happened in Chicago I think. It was posted here from another board. I don't remember which one. Moral of the story was training. The other point was that despite the legal hassels, he would do it again.

ETA glocktalk sounds right.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The story definitely originated at Glocktalk...  That's where I saw it the first time, then it finally found it's way to this site.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It was 2 bad guys, the third fled in the van. happened in Chicago I think. It was posted here from another board. I don't remember which one. Moral of the story was training. The other point was that despite the legal hassels, he would do it again.

i don't think it was chicago, chicago has no CCW and the guy would have ended up in jail.  i think it was memphis or nashville but i don't remember for sure.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't think it was chicago, chicago has no CCW and the guy would have ended up in jail.  i think it was memphis or nashville but i don't remember for sure.

Could have sworn it was. Thought the BG's were Gangsta's Disciples which is a Chicago based gang.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the Google cached Glocktalk thread of that incident.
The guys name is RoadRep.

Original Thread

Copy Pasted from Glocktalk:

You won't hear a story of an Uzi or AK because thugs want unarmed victims, but this may wet your whistle a bit.

A guy and his lady friend are walking down a street after eating a nice steak dinner on Friday night. The area is busy and the only parking available was a nice walk away, not a problem on a beautiful October night.

So the guy, who has had a lot of firearms courses notices a van slowly driving the other direction on the street. The guy notices the deep gurgling sound of the exhaust, but really doesn't think much of it. Then he notices a couple of thugs crossing the street; said GTer is uncomfortable because he and his lady friend seemed to get too much attention from the guys crossing the street. One of those "it just doesn't feel right" type of things.

So the couple continue walking toward the parking garage, when the GTer notices the gurgling sound of that van slowly passing by them. Then the GTer, who regularly uses windows to watch his 6, notices the two thugs that crossed the street coming up behind them. One of the thugs is clearly holding his right hand suspiciously around his belt buckle area. Then said GTer notices the van stopped on the side of the street just ahead and the 2 thugs behind them are getting closer.

GTer tells his lady friend that they are going to duck into any open business they see, but there were not any available. Just as they were coming up on the van, 2 ****-eaters jump out of the van and block the sidewalk. Gter draws his Kimber .45, and moves to engage the thugs 5 feet behind them; the intention was to go to low ready and size up the situation. The two from the van did not appear to be armed and one behind them was already spotted as armed.

So GTer turns and starts to shout at the two thugs on foot when the armed one begins to pull a revolver (SW .38 special). GTer, had the jump because the thugs in the rear did not see him remove his pistol from his daytimer style carry (they had been where alcohol was sold, but he did not drink).

The GTer always, always, always shoots failure drill at the range and trains at least twice a month.

As the BG #1 pulls the pistol, the GTer puts two rounds COM and moves up and puts one in the eye area. There was absolutely no reaction to the chest shots in the BG. The second thug turns to his falling comrade and tries to get his pistol, as GTer puts 2 slugs in his COM and one in the side of the head, GTer didn't know he hit BG #2 with the first 2 rounds. The second thug didn't have time to get turned around to face GTer, and didn't go down from the two to the chest, so said GTer puts one is the side of his head. Both third shots, at 5 feet, were very messy. Luckily for GTer, the second thug did get his hands on the pistol (a fact that would greatly help him in the future). So after the two in the rear were neutralized, GTer turned to check on the two from the van who had started moving his way. When GTer turned to engage them, gun at low ready, they turned and ran to the van got in and the van sped off.

The thugs were linked to other rapes and 2 abductions of similar method, and had sheets as long as your arm. (funny how that wasn't admissable in court) The thugs from the van looked more pissed than scared, and GTer would encounter them later in life. Turns out they were members of the Gangsta Disciples. The Gangsta's don't take lightly to seeing their bro.s being shot down in the street.

The aftermath: Said GTer was charged with manslaughter (the jury was given other options too) and was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. Deliberations took less than 3 hours. Some of the city council PERSONS believed that failure drill represented too much force and GTer should have not made the last shot on the guys. Of course, if he had not made the third shots in the failure drill, the thugs would be alive today. So city council PERSON, pressures the DA and viola, the decision is made to charge him.

The cost to GTer to stay out of prison was $18,000+. That works out to be $3k per shot, or $9k per bad guy.

The situation doesn't often end as well in his dreams, as it did in real time, but he never can quite get it behind him. He carries a strange sense of guilt.

The girlfriend that GTer was trying to protect, broke up with him 3 weeks later. She just never could get over it and could not understand the violent nature of his counterattack. She dumped him, which broke his heart, but she was a very good witness for his defense, and for that he is eternally grateful.

The follow up encounters (turns out during a trial, it isn't hard to get the home address of the defendant) with the Gangsta Disciples were a little better; and no charges were placed in those instances.

Sorry if GTer wasn't armed with and AK, but then they would never have picked us to attack.

The morals of the story: Live with what happened, or with what may have happened- his girlfriend being abducted..... It is better to be tried by 12.... When the SHTF, you fall back on your training in automatic mode. So train well and often.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Original Thread
quote]

That looks like a shortened version. Missing some details I remember such as throwing up in the patrol car after the fact, all the cops that responded said it was a good shoot and a few others. Also I thought it was told in first person.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting account.  In my town, there would have been no charges filed against the good guy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Original Thread
quote]

That looks like a shortened version. Missing some details I remember such as throwing up in the patrol car after the fact, all the cops that responded said it was a good shoot and a few others. Also I thought it was told in first person.

Keep reading the Glocktalk thread. RoadRep finally
admits it was him in the story.
That is the original thread where it all started.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Keep reading the Glocktalk thread. RoadRep finally
admits it was him in the story.
That is the original thread where it all started.

Got it. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Original Thread

You won't hear a story of an Uzi or AK because thugs want unarmed victims, but this may wet your whistle a bit.

A guy and his lady friend are walking down a street after eating a nice steak dinner on Friday night. The area is busy and the only parking available was a nice walk away, not a problem on a beautiful October night.

So the guy, who has had a lot of firearms courses notices a van slowly driving the other direction on the street. The guy notices the deep gurgling sound of the exhaust, but really doesn't think much of it. Then he notices a couple of thugs crossing the street; said GTer is uncomfortable because he and his lady friend seemed to get too much attention from the guys crossing the street. One of those "it just doesn't feel right" type of things.

So the couple continue walking toward the parking garage, when the GTer notices the gurgling sound of that van slowly passing by them. Then the GTer, who regularly uses windows to watch his 6, notices the two thugs that crossed the street coming up behind them. One of the thugs is clearly holding his right hand suspiciously around his belt buckle area. Then said GTer notices the van stopped on the side of the street just ahead and the 2 thugs behind them are getting closer.

GTer tells his lady friend that they are going to duck into any open business they see, but there were not any available. Just as they were coming up on the van, 2 ****-eaters jump out of the van and block the sidewalk. Gter draws his Kimber .45, and moves to engage the thugs 5 feet behind them; the intention was to go to low ready and size up the situation. The two from the van did not appear to be armed and one behind them was already spotted as armed.

So GTer turns and starts to shout at the two thugs on foot when the armed one begins to pull a revolver (SW .38 special). GTer, had the jump because the thugs in the rear did not see him remove his pistol from his daytimer style carry (they had been where alcohol was sold, but he did not drink).

The GTer always, always, always shoots failure drill at the range and trains at least twice a month.

As the BG #1 pulls the pistol, the GTer puts two rounds COM and moves up and puts one in the eye area. There was absolutely no reaction to the chest shots in the BG. The second thug turns to his falling comrade and tries to get his pistol, as GTer puts 2 slugs in his COM and one in the side of the head, GTer didn't know he hit BG #2 with the first 2 rounds. The second thug didn't have time to get turned around to face GTer, and didn't go down from the two to the chest, so said GTer puts one is the side of his head. Both third shots, at 5 feet, were very messy. Luckily for GTer, the second thug did get his hands on the pistol (a fact that would greatly help him in the future). So after the two in the rear were neutralized, GTer turned to check on the two from the van who had started moving his way. When GTer turned to engage them, gun at low ready, they turned and ran to the van got in and the van sped off.

The thugs were linked to other rapes and 2 abductions of similar method, and had sheets as long as your arm. (funny how that wasn't admissable in court) The thugs from the van looked more pissed than scared, and GTer would encounter them later in life. Turns out they were members of the Gangsta Disciples. The Gangsta's don't take lightly to seeing their bro.s being shot down in the street.

The aftermath: Said GTer was charged with manslaughter (the jury was given other options too) and was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. Deliberations took less than 3 hours. Some of the city council PERSONS believed that failure drill represented too much force and GTer should have not made the last shot on the guys. Of course, if he had not made the third shots in the failure drill, the thugs would be alive today. So city council PERSON, pressures the DA and viola, the decision is made to charge him.

The cost to GTer to stay out of prison was $18,000+. That works out to be $3k per shot, or $9k per bad guy.

The situation doesn't often end as well in his dreams, as it did in real time, but he never can quite get it behind him. He carries a strange sense of guilt.

The girlfriend that GTer was trying to protect, broke up with him 3 weeks later. She just never could get over it and could not understand the violent nature of his counterattack. She dumped him, which broke his heart, but she was a very good witness for his defense, and for that he is eternally grateful.

The follow up encounters (turns out during a trial, it isn't hard to get the home address of the defendant) with the Gangsta Disciples were a little better; and no charges were placed in those instances.

Sorry if GTer wasn't armed with and AK, but then they would never have picked us to attack.

The morals of the story: Live with what happened, or with what may have happened- his girlfriend being abducted..... It is better to be tried by 12.... When the SHTF, you fall back on your training in automatic mode. So train well and often.

A girl I dated recently did the same thing to me. I helped her get through one of the most difficult periods of her life, giving her moral support, a shoulder to cry on, and 3 months later she breaks up with me.

He is alive, and his girlfriend was fine. No money can buy safety or health or happiness.......

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
thats a good read. and also why I talk with my GF about that sort of thing, so she doesnt freak.

better judged by 12 than carried by 6......
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, ARDunstan. That's the one I was looking for. Lots of good info in RoadRep's responses too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top