Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 11:55:25 AM EDT
I might have a problem. 1,2, and 3 extracted on Sunday. It was by a military contract dentist. I'm lucky I got novacaine.... I think something may be wrong with the #3 extraction.  There are sharp bits protruding (parts of the tooth?), pain, and general unpleasantness.
I don't want to go to a dentist on a Friday if this is normal.

Thanks hive-mind
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a dentist... however, sharp bits does not sound normal.  Sounds like something was missed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I might have a problem. 1,2, and 3 extracted on Sunday. It was by a military contract dentist. I'm lucky I got novacaine.... I think something may be wrong with the #3 extraction.  There are sharp bits protruding (parts of the tooth?), pain, and general unpleasantness.
I don't want to go to a dentist on a Friday if this is normal.

Thanks hive-mind

Dude this is going to give me nightmares.  I hate going to the dentist as it is.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Get in there with a  flashlight and and tell us what the sharp parts look like.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

barely visible, whiteish, I think the dentist didn't remove the whole thing...

crud, anyone know if this is normal?

sorry to creep ya'll out
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

barely visible, whiteish, I think the dentist didn't remove the whole thing...

crud, anyone know if this is normal?

sorry to creep ya'll out

It's possible that during the extraction, a part of the root broke off and the dentist did not remove it.  The only thing to do is to go back and have the remaining parts of the tooth removed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
When i had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in the ARMY i had simlar problems, when i went back to the dentist he said it was just peices of bone working there way out of the hole and left it that. Typical army dentist. Anyway, it did quit after a couple days.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Call the dentist, even if you have to call him at home. You may have a dry socket, and the sharp areas are probably bone (not uncommon at all, and not a sign of a "bad job").
If it is a dry socket, the pain can be quickly and easily relieved by applying a medicated dressing. But diagnosis over the phone/internet/etc. is really impossible. Call the dentist, or the dentist on call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top