Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:21:56 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Anyone married to a woman appreciably older than yourself? How has it worked out?

When I was 26, I dated a coworker who was 34. Was a great year and a half but I left her because I was a clueless idiot following a bad break-up. Now, I'm 33 and there appears to be some mutual interest with another lady I work with who's in her mid 40's.

Anyone married to a woman who is 10 years older and in their 50's and 60's? Any problem with the age differential?

I've got a sort-of-a-date planned for next week, hate to start something and not finish it again...

Dave
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
My first wife was almost 10 years older. It did not work out due to many reasons, including that her kids did not consider me a disciplinarian figure in the house. I would tell them to do something and they would turn to her and say "do we have to?". The older one was a problem kid that wound up getting shipped off to his dad within a year or so. She had no sex drive to speak of due to an early hysterectomy, and me being in my early 20s, all i thought about was sex. The final straw was she wanted me to quit a job because the hours were going to be non-traditional, which I knew going in. I wasn't about to walk away from what was at the time a substantial raise for me from my old job. I would have worked my way back to normal hours within a year or so and I was willing to bite the bullet that long. She on the other hand took a new job that would have been a good raise, then between Friday and Monday when she would have started the new job, she got cold feet, quit the new job and ran back to get her old job. Here we were trying to make ends meet and she pulls that..........ten years is a SUBSTANTIAL difference in world view; looking back I would not do it again, except that it gave me some experience in what to NOT do, which has made the second marriage that much better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It's all fine now. Wait until she's 70 and you are 60. It might work for you, but I'm kinda shallow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's all fine now. Wait until she's 70 and you are 60. It might work for you, but I'm kinda shallow.

Your priorities change as you age. In your teens and early 20s its all about hardbodies.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
nothing sexier than a mature lady that takes care of herself...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:42:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Dave, if she's in her mid-40s, I know the "exotic" factor is high...but walk away, my friend.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

thats is pregnant too

sorry for the hijack TJ
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:
It's all fine now. Wait until she's 70 and you are 60. It might work for you, but I'm kinda shallowYour priorities change as you age. In your teens and early 20s its all about hardbodies.

I'm the complete opposite.

When I was in my 20's I dated chicks in their 30's.

Now I'm 40+ and I date 20 somethings.

I don't know when I changed.....it just happened.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well said T_J.....

I'm a big fan of older women.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Women are like dog poop.

The older they are, the easier they are to pick up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Older women, generally, have a better grasp on the realities of life.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I bet that's why I don't like them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

plus they - most - own their own home and got money, too...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Age has no bearing on a relationship within reason. If it is right, then there is no reason it can't work out. If it is not right it will fail. I have been happily married for 18 years and my wife is 8 years older. If she was 8 years younger I feel that result would be the same.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Just remember, they don't get younger and they don't get thinner.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I say older women.....

13 year difference

Sean
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#17]
My SO is 9 years older, 45 & 54. We've been together 6 years now, with no end in sight.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Women older than me looked great when I was in high school, college and my thirties. Unfortunately that trend hasn't continued into my forties. Pity. The world would be my oyster if I could only develope a taste for, say, old and fat women.

My fantasy is to build a Franken-girl. Maybe start with Jessica Simpson's body, and find a suitable brain...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#19]
They won't tell
They won't swell
They are greateful as hell
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Oh yes sir indeed.  You can take that to the bank.  Nothing more enjoyable then laying the pipe in a perfectly ripe peach.  yum yum yum.

<-- late 20's  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Lol, some funny shit in here!

Sounds like I oughta pass this one up... There's not a whole lot of "exotic factor" in my interest with her, it's more that she's nice to talk to and one of the only stable females I've talked to in recent memory. Not a bad looking woman by any stretch-but the hysterectomy think has me a little worried-she had one a few months ago.

Her son is and "adult", read that as in doesn't live at home, but like most 20 year olds isn't one by any stretch. She's got a level head on her shoulders and is very practical-she was a drag brat, her dad was a B52 pilot. Doesn't seem to have any hangups, but I sure do have one with the idea of being in my mid 50's and having a wife that might need to be in a nursing home.

Ah well, maybe we'll just be "friends"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Lol, some funny shit in here!

Sounds like I oughta pass this one up... There's not a whole lot of "exotic factor" in my interest with her, it's more that she's nice to talk to and one of the only stable females I've talked to in recent memory. Not a bad looking woman by any stretch-but the hysterectomy think has me a little worried-she had one a few months ago.

Her son is and "adult", read that as in doesn't live at home, but like most 20 year olds isn't one by any stretch. She's got a level head on her shoulders and is very practical-she was a drag brat, her dad was a B52 pilot. Doesn't seem to have any hangups, but I sure do have one with the idea of being in my mid 50's and having a wife that might need to be in a nursing home.

That's what I'm talking about. I have a friend that is maybe 50. His wife is probably 70. It might have been a real great thing when he was 20, but now it's just a fuckin nightmare.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Doesn't seem to have any hangups, but I sure do have one with the idea of being in my mid 50's and having a wife that might need to be in a nursing home.

Smart move, bud. Better off letting this ship pass by without boarding.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Wrong on the latter, there fly-boy.
I'm older...but I am also 3 sizes smaller than I was when I married...Hubby on the other hand is older and er, <searches for a good word....> more robust!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's what I'm talking about. I have a friend that is maybe 50. His wife is probably 70. It might have been a real great thing when he was 20, but now it's just a fuckin nightmare.

+1.

I have a friend whose wife is 11 years older. She probably "taught him a lot" when he was in his twenties. Now he's a good-looking, healthy, athletic forty-year-old, and she's dried up and gone to seed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#26]
2 words:

Bo Derek

Actually add tow more:

Raquel Welch

I know they're genetic freaks with a plastic surgeon on speed-dial, but I'd hit them like, well...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#27]
wife is 51, I'm 41.
Happily married since 89 and still humping like bunnies
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm older...but I am also 3 sizes smaller than I was when I married...Hubby on the other hand is older and er, <searches for a good word....> more robust!

This reminds me, I may need some of Playmore's parts to build my Franken-girl.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#29]
OLDER WOMEN

Older women, are beautiful lovers
I said older women, they understand
I've been around some, and I have discovered
That older women know just how to please a man.

Everybody seems to love those younger women
From eighteen on up to twenty-five
Well I love 'em too, but I'm tellin' you
Learnin' how to really love, takes a little time.

So baby don't you worry about growin' older
Those young girls ain't got nothin' on you
'Cause it takes some livin', to get good at givin'
And givin' love is just where you could teach them a thing or two.

Written by  Ronnie McDowell
Sung by : The Statler Brothers

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Mature woman wading into the fray!  Listen up, by my age we have sorted ourselves out, and either fallen into the roughly 80+++% percentile category of fat, estrogen-intoxicated females... *or* we have matured into something fine and formidable.  

I mean, hey... a gal my age has either learned to stand her ground, say what she means and mean what she says, *plus* take care of her physique, OR like most she has fallen into doting over smarmy soap operas and anything which soils diapers.  Why not look at from the viewpoint that a lot of unknown variables have been weeded out for you, since by, oh let's say  45? we've proven what we are are made of, and what the future likely portends so far as companionship.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doesn't seem to have any hangups, but I sure do have one with the idea of being in my mid 50's and having a wife that might need to be in a nursing home.

Smart move, bud. Better off letting this ship pass by without boarding.

Board it.....But get off before it sets sail......

My first was 8 years older than me.  But, she was very immature and very irresponsible.  My current is 4 years older and I can't keep up with her.  She is beautiful, takes care of herself and is very responsible.  And yes, she loves to...........
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
2 words:

Bo Derek

Actually add tow more:

Raquel Welch

Two more:

Sophia Loren
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Mature woman wading into the fray!  Listen up, by my age we have sorted ourselves out, and either fallen into the roughly 80+++% percentile category of fat, estrogen-intoxicated females... *or* we have matured into something fine and formidable.  

I mean, hey... a gal my age has either learned to stand her ground, say what she means and mean what she says, *plus* take care of her physique, OR like most she has fallen into doting over smarmy soap operas and anything which soils diapers.  Why not look at from the viewpoint that a lot of unknown variables have been weeded out for you, since by, oh let's say  45? we've proven what we are are made of, and what the future likely portends so far as companionship.

There is the difference. This type would be worth a second or 3rd look. A woman like this could vert well sway my opinion. BTW I'm 41 and do like older women. I just probably wouldn't go more than 5 years older for marriage. Anything else would be fair game.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#34]
when you are young: date old (ex: you 20, she 30)

when you are old: date young  (ex: you 45, she 29)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 words:

Bo Derek

Actually add tow more:

Raquel Welch

Two more:

Sophia Loren

Two More:

Linda Carter
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Women are like dog poop.

The older they are, the easier they are to pick up.

that goes with your avatar.

it's was on an episode of Married with Children.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have...Frankengirl Feet!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's nearly sigworthy...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said T_J.....

I'm a big fan of older women.

Hell yea..  

Plus they know they know it wont break off
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 words:

Bo Derek

Actually add tow more:

Raquel Welch

Two more:

Sophia Loren

Ann Margaret

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Just out of curiosity, what defines "older Women?" I mean, if you're in your 20's, then Heather Locklear is older. If you're in your 40's then Ann Margaret is older...see what I mean?

I dunno the average age of the male Arf member, but I just think that "older" is only defined by the reader/poster in this instance.

OH! And...Those of you reading this thinking that the Olsen twins are older need to log out of Dad's account.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, what defines "older Women?" I mean, if you're in your 20's, then Heather Locklear is older. If you're in your 40's then Ann Margaret is older...see what I mean?

I dunno the average age of the male Arf member, but I just think that "older" is only defined by the reader/poster in this instance.

OH! And...Those of you reading this thinking that the Olsen twins are older need to log out of Dad's account.

I'm 30, I have met some in their early 40s that were quite attractive.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, what defines "older Women?"

>23

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I've seen your picture. You have a Frankengirl face.

Somehow that doesn't sound quite the way I meant it...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#45]
I just love these relationship advice threads at ARFCOM. And even more laughable are the constant break-up, divorce, and infidelity threads posted here. Am I the only one that sees a coorelation between the two?  

Do what your head and your heart tell you to do. Don't take things too fast. And most of all... DO NOT take relationship advice from a friggin' internet board! Lahoo... zzzaher!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#46]
a chardonnay-swilling barracuda in her early 40s would be more likely than the average 20something to play your rusty trombone, but as others have said there's a big difference in world view.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen your picture. You have a Frankengirl face.

Somehow that doesn't sound quite the way I meant it...

Uh oh.

"fire in the hole!"

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
a chardonnay-swilling barracuda in her early 40s would be more likely than the average 20something to play your rusty trombone, but as others have said there's a big difference in world view.

Yes..  a good number of them grow up, start thinking for themselves  and quit being libtards.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Lately I've seen more late teens and early 20's women that have "let themselves go".  They don't know how to dress, don't know how to do their makeup, don't know how to act.

Been to a mall lately?  The HOT THANGS are few and far between.  Usually it's all ugly girls that wear shirts that show off a nasty white gut.

At least us 30-somethings have class.  And most of us have style, and take care of ourselves, and we're a hell of alot more interesting to talk to.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
 The HOT THANGS are few and far between.  

Not in East Texas.

They are freakin' EVERYWHERE.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top