Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:54:02 PM EDT
Alright, which of you wrote this letter?

Letter to the Editor

This is in regards to your claim on the cover of the October 23rd issue of mathNEWS (vol 78, ish 4) that the most random number is 14. This is clearly an oversight, but it triggered something inside me. Obviously, the public is unaware of the fact that 87 is the most random number. I am not sure if this is due to lack of coverage in the school systems, but it's high time something was done. I e-mailed a friend of mine, who happens to be an expert in the field of Decimoctoseptology (the study of 87), and asked him to send me a short proof of the randomness of 87 (there is so much evidence for it, that this IS a short proof).

I submit this so that the public may be educated, and hopefully we won't see any more mistakes along these lines. Thanks so very much for your time.

Darryl Blake

There is also a response to the letter on the web page.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Whoever he is, I'm sure he's the life of the party.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like Markm...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:54:24 AM EDT
[#3]
It wasn't me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top