Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 7:07:27 PM EDT

No Venison, crawfish, wood duck, catfish, goose, turtle, ect. Sorry assed excuse for real American food.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Im still waiting for them to make a good burger.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No Venison, crawfish, wood duck, catfish, goose, turtle, ect. Sorry assed excuse for real American food.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
All those foodnetwork shows suck.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Chairman Kaga would donkey punch the infidels.

All hail Kaga!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
i think that rachael ray's show is pretty good for one reason only
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i think that rachael ray's show is pretty good for one reason only

'cause she's hot?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really, there are probably thousands of folks in the US that can serve up an ass kicking venison or cajun meal that would just kick the living shit out of any of these "food network" wankers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I get wood when I see Giada de Laurentiis, she is freaking hot and she can cook Reminds me of Jill Goodacre, the Victoria Secret model

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
cause shes gotta   fat ass!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Iron Chef had nothing to do with Japanese food, unless someone was specifically cooking Japanese food (Morimoto).  Likewise, Iron Chef America has nothing to do with American food.

It is the most high budget show ever on Food Network.  It's not filmed in someone's kitchen at home, with a low pay host.  It's a large arena, with brand new equipment, tons of staff, and every ingredient you could ever want.  For those reasons, even if I *HATE* the secret ingredient, I love the Japanese and American shows.  I respect the undertaking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I respect the undertaking.

Good for you.  The Japanese version expounds the tradition of Japanese cooking, not so in the American version.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Iron Chef had nothing to do with Japanese food, unless someone was specifically cooking Japanese food (Morimoto).  Likewise, Iron Chef America has nothing to do with American food.

It is the most high budget show ever on Food Network.  It's not filmed in someone's kitchen at home, with a low pay host.  It's a large arena, with brand new equipment, tons of staff, and every ingredient you could ever want.  For those reasons, even if I *HATE* the secret ingredient, I love the Japanese and American shows.  I respect the undertaking.

How can you ignore Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba?

Let me tell you a little about the ORIGINAL Iron Chef Japanese.

Rokusaburo Michiba, the first Iron Chef Japanese, is known as both "the god of Japanese cuisine" and "the rebel of the culinary world." He was born in 1931 to a family who dealt in tea ceremonies, and even today, Michiba is known for being particular about what types of porcelain used to plate his food for service. His interest in cooking dates to his childhood, and when he was young, he was an apprentice in the kitchens of famous restaurants in Kobe, Tokyo, and Kanazawa.

At the age of 40, he opened the Ginza Rokusan-Tei, a restaurant in Ginza. The restaurant is located on the eighth and ninth floors of a building, and patrons on the eighth floor have a view into the kitchen, where Michiba can be seen at work.

Michiba gained his "rebel" title for his innovative approach to Japanese cuisine. Following the set code of traditional Japanese cooking eventually bored Michiba, who found that he wanted to explore different types of ingredients, including more unusual items such as shark's fin and shark's stomach, which are not part of classic Japanese cuisine. His creativity stood him well as the first Iron Chef Japanese, when he could incorporate a non-Japanese ingredient such as foie gras into his style of cooking with ease and elegance. Elegance in his cooking and his presentation is important to Michiba, who feels that presentation can move a diner as much as flavor, but he also likes to include at least one dish that is simple to prepare, so that viewers think, "I could make that." Perhaps they could, but not with the heart and style of Rokusaburo Michiba.

So there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I get wood when I see Giada de Laurentiis, she is freaking hot and she can cook Reminds me of Jill Goodacre, the Victoria Secret model

img46.exs.cx/img46/748/giada24mx.jpg

Oh my....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Lets see,,,today was some sorry assed asian carp tilapia. Nothing American that I can think of there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I've tried to watch it several times and it sucks.  Their first attempt with Bobby Flay or what ever his name is had some of the worst lighting and production values I've seen.  This series has decent lighting and set design but it still sucks.  I thought Alton Brown might be able to clean it up considering his background and the camera work and editing of his show.  Nope.  I've seen novice eng shooters who don't pan, zoom and focus on air as much as that show.  Maybe some producer thinks that makes it look more exciting. Maybe some more dve moves will make it better. (insert sarcastic smiley here)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top