Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2001 5:42:29 PM EDT
I am a proud inhabitant of the great state of Mississippi. As some of you may have heard in the news they want to change the state flag because of the confederate flag in the upper left corner. Many are claiming that it is a symbol of "racism and oppression". I don't see it as such. A flag can only be what you make of it and to me its history. Many of you may not understand but it is something that I hold dear to my heart, not because I'm a racist but because my ancestors fought and died for that flag. Anyhow, we're holding an election in April to decide wherther or not to change it. A buddy of mine that's a officer in the MHP was issued riot gear because their expecting trouble. They gave 'em a Mini-14, a sawed off, and some protective clothing. I thought it was kind of funny because i told him " hell man, I've usually got that much in my truck". But anyhow in my opinion, if you don't like the state flag its your right as an american to move to another damn state. If there's any body out there who feels the same way let me know. I'd like to know I'm not alone
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn right...I'm not from the south myself, but I have confederates in my family and I can tell you you have a lot of sympathizers in other parts of the country.  Its all part of the liberal effort to steralize, level, and otherwise dismantle the European American heritage of the United States.  

Have you (or anyone else reading this) had much involvement with the Council of Conservative Citizens or David Duke's N.O.F.E.A.R.?  What do you suppose their popular support is like in your state? I'm in Idaho, and so I don't hear much about whats going on down there. Anyway, got to run, but I'll check back later...
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with you Willis.

The problem is the Left has managed to re-write history and convince many people that the "Confederate Flag" means racism and oppression. [V]
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Very sad when history gets broken down. The Confederate Flag is a part of American history no matter what anyone thinks it stands for. Are we to forget things we've done in history cause its not PC? This sucks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you alone?  NO!

Our state governor rolled over on this issue here.

Come election time, payback will be a cast iron bitch.

It won't make any difference, but fight as hard as you can.  Be sure to remember who supported what and let them know you will remember.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The thing about the highway patrol having to take the flag off the cars is true. I just think its a damn shame when the Mississippi Highway Patrol cannot have the Mississippi state flag on their car. But I can say one thing , I've seen quite a few people here standing up to this whereas they've been laid back on situations before. I see state flags every where I go now. Iwish we could get this kind of fighting spirit all across the country towards all these liberals and their gun control s**t. I'm glad to know that my views are not so radical that they're one of a kind.

Matt
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Willis, we are behind you.  Here in NC there is currently a push from the higher ups in the state, NC Dept. of Public Instruction, to do away with NC history in the 8th grade.  They want to replace it with "World Culture".  Another push to eliminate our history.

SCV Camp 405
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I hated to hear about yall in Georgia but I know you did what you could. If I were you keep and wave the traditional flag every moment I could.

Matt
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I'm pretty mad about the Georgia flag.  I finally justified the change by deciding that I did not want to see the Confederate Battle Flag degraded by flying on the same banner as the Georgia State Seal.  Georgia is a whore and the NAACP is a pimp.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I really appreciate everyone's support. We seem to be a dying breed but as long as we stick together we'll make it. This may make some of yall turn your noses up, but I'm only a chap of 18 years. But nevertheless I have a strong love for my country, my history, and my rights and will fight to the best of my ability for any and all of the above. We've got to fight for what we've got not give it up. I remember a quote and forgive me if its not exact but it goes like "He who gives up his freedom for safety deserves neither freedom nor safety"

Matt
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Look out Alabama, Florida, you might be next! You can't fool them for long!

Wwoodworth: Didnt the Mobile city counsel vote to change the seal last summer, and the new seal will feature the third confederate flag?
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#13]
no, you are not alone. as you can see in my profile info, i'm from kentucky.
i have loved that flag, as the old georgia state flag, simply because of the confederate flag in it.
am i a racist? hell no. i just love the south. it's my history.
i knew there would be a day, when the states would 'give in' to the popular consent of banning the confederate symbol.
therefore, i have a georgia state flag, with the confederate symbol in it.
i knew this long ago, and despised the idea then. it bothered me so much, i got a tattoo of the confederate flag on my arm, boldly saying to myself after i got it, "try to take this one".
i have the same thought process today. it's my confederate flag, and no one is going to take it from me. no matter who it is, and how much they don't like it, or whine like babies about it. it's mine, just try to come and take it.
i think you all get the picture.

colt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I refuse to recognize the new state flag of Georgia.

Tell me if I am wrong, but wasn't there racism and oppression under the US flag? Well then, it should go too.  

BMB
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Research and know who voted to remove your states flag. Then remember them on election day ..... and remind your friends to do the same !

P.S. The flag of the great state of Georgia remains at full mast on my front poarch ... let somebody come boycott THAT !!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2001 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#17]
The Alabama State Trooper patch has a confederate flag in it . I think this may have passed by the democommies. It looks good too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top