Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:14:35 PM EDT
...........In not needing a permit to carry concealed?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...........In not needing a permit to carry concealed?

Texas maybe?

Indiana?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
In Vermont it was the lack of a law pertaining to Concealed carry. not a law that enabled CC.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
WYOMING

Wyoming should be next.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
montana

and new jersey
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Hawaii
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In Vermont it was the lack of a law pertaining to Concealed carry. not a law that enabled CC.

Close enough.  I wish the same thing would happen here and there just not be a CC law, thus making it legal, but that just does not seem to be the way things work out.  

Anyone know why they never bothered to pass such a law there?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
No reason to.

Many Southern states passed restrictive gun laws to disarm blacks and Republicans.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Wisconsin might. If the governor keeps vetoing the CC bills that are sent to him, the state supreme court might just shoot-down the law against CC as unconstitutional.

Heres to hopeing!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
illinois......................

i hate this state
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember NH kicking this around a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
In MO you can cc in your car without a permit, which is a good step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]
If any state needs it, it would be NY, especially NYC. After all the bleeding heart tree hugging uber liberals go running to CA for safety -perceived or real- we can finally have our state back.

Then CA and the rest of the liberal strogholds could go next, and liberals will have to start thier own Utopia, in another land.

I'm a city boy, what do sheep eat anyway? I'd send them a care package to get them settled in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
illinois......................

i hate this state

Yeah I know.

I'm a half hour away from Indiana.  Class 3, CCW, what's not to like?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#14]
My logical order:

Montana

Wyoming

Utah

The Dakotas

Arizona

Texas

Oklahoma

Indiana

Mississippi

(edit) and West Virginia
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I know for a fact there was a huge push last year for this in Wyoming and will be again this year!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope there are more.

I just wish all states that have CCW would recognize the other states CCW, for a start.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
MS is pretty easy to get your CCW, just takes a while.  No tests or quals, just go in turn in the application pay the $127 dollars and if you are not a felon, get your CCW in 120 days.  A bit expensive and a long wait, but pretty easy.

You can also carry a weapon, loaded with in reach in your vehicle as well, plus open carry.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I know for a fact there was a huge push last year for this in Wyoming and will be again this year!

That is awesome.  It would give WY the only perfect F score on the Brady Campaign report card!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That is awesome.  It would give WY the only perfect F score on the Brady Campaign report card!

I'd guess that Idaho would be next after Wyoming.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Texas is getting more liberal, not less.  I can't see that happening here.  Heck, our state constitution explicitly allows the legislature to control the carrying of weapons.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hawaii

I wish!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#22]
This has already been presented for this years state assembly agenda. Seems to have some good support from law enforcement also.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#23]
AZ had a push to go no permit needed a year or so ago. Basically removed the requirement to have a permit, but left the permit system in place if you wanted it.

Another bill would have made the penalty for CCW without a permit a 50 dollar civil ticket instead of a misdemeanor.

Both killed by Janet Nepoli-fucking-tano.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#24]
California.

No, wait. Hang on..

NTM
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#25]

AZ had a push to go no permit needed a year or so ago. Basically removed the requirement to have a permit, but left the permit system in place if you wanted it.

Another bill would have made the penalty for CCW without a permit a 50 dollar civil ticket instead of a misdemeanor.

I'm going to visit my folks in Phoenix later this year.  I look forward to open carry on my belt.  Any laws against TX citizens doing so?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'm going to visit my folks in Phoenix later this year.  I look forward to open carry on my belt.  Any laws against TX citizens doing so?

yeah you're only allowed to open carry if you are NOT from tejas
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How often do you AZ guys open carry?  Is it pretty common?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Doubtful.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:54:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Doubtful.

Reasoning?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I hope there are more.

I just wish all states that have CCW would recognize the other states CCW, for a start.

that is my biggest gripe about CCW. drivers liscences are  but not CCWs!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope there are more.

that is my biggest gripe about CCW. drivers liscences are  but not CCWs!

Funny how that works, seing as a car has more potential to do harm than any handgun...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Be careful what you wish for ... Out-of-State CCW-holders can carry in VT (as you know, they have no requirement or CCW), yet other states have no licence FROM Vermont to recognise. Therefore, VT citizens CAN NOT carry in those states. They don't have a permit to reciprocate with.  This is true in Florida, at least.     Stay safe
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:37:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Be careful what you wish for ... Out-of-State CCW-holders can carry in VT (as you know, they have no requirement or CCW), yet other states have no licence FROM Vermont to recognise. Therefore, VT citizens CAN NOT carry in those states. They don't have a permit to reciprocate with.  This is true in Florida, at least.     Stay safe

I can still get a permit to get reciprocity for other states.  I ain't up on VT.  I just see a trend for the state level of most states becoming more "gunny" and wonder how far it will go.  The permit requirement here was dropped due to equality reasons, not everyone lives close enough to an office of the DEPT of Safety to apply for a permit.  It was a Dem IIRC that proposed it.

VT just never had a law.  More than likely other states will follow suit, just not for the overt reason of self protection, but because of some other weird reason.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doubtful.

Reasoning?  

Because most states, in order to get CCW passed, have to show that they are only allowing the law abiding element that ability. No sort of documentation= no control over who carries or doesn't carry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doubtful.

Reasoning?  

Because most states, in order to get CCW passed, have to show that they are only allowing the law abiding element that ability. No sort of documentation= no control over who carries or doesn't carry.

<my understanding>

Nebraskans approved a Constutional ammendment in 1988 that it is argued should allow concealed carry.  But I don't feel like being the test case.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Michigan.  

Reasoning - out of the blue ( thanks to the dedication of a couple of ARFcommers ) we are now a class 3 state.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How often do you AZ guys open carry?  Is it pretty common?

In downtown Phoenix you may get hassled, but for the most part nobody cares. I've been open carrying when I get a day or two off (no guns at work--we rely on unarmed security to protect us) and no hassles. Just make sure you're not going into a place with a "No Guns" sign or a place that serves alcohol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Virginia is working on it...

from VCDL:

Delegate Clay Athey (R-Front Royal) has introduced HB 1106 for VCDL.
This bill is "Alaska carry" for vehicles and for a gun owner's
private property (like a boat or farm land).  No permit required for
a law-abiding citizen to have a concealed handgun in the car or boat
or other property owned by the gun owner!

Here is a link to the bill:

leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?061+ful+HB1106

Delegate Athey has also submitted HB 1105, which is full Alaska carry
(no permit required for carry concealed, but permits would still
exist for those that want them).

Delegate Tom Gear (R-Hampton) has put in a 'stand your ground bill' -
HB 879!  Here is the bill:

leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?061+ful+HB879
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doubtful.

Reasoning?  

It is so asinine to think that law abiding folk are unable to partake in a liberty that criminals enjoy by just ignoring the law.  

Of course it is abhorrent to think that we thought so little of ourselves to think that we should not be allowed to carry in the first place.  At least we were able to learn what happens.

While back I actually heard a radio ad, kind of a PSA saying that AK was a CCW state and anyone over the age of 21 may be carrying, so think twice before committing a crime.  I love my home.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

from VCDL:

F'ing cool.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doubtful.

Reasoning?  

<my understanding>

Nebraskans approved a Constutional ammendment in 1988 that it is argued should allow concealed carry.  But I don't feel like being the test case.

Was it one of those "Re-affirmation of the 2nd amendment" things?  We did one of those a while back, but I do not recall it making much of a difference in anything.  I want to try and convince a rep that we need to get away from the BATF regulation of our guns here...I think that is the next logical goal.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#42]
I know with out a doupt Maryland is going to pass a law letting us carry with out a permit.
But then the sun would have turned into a red giant when it happens.  And it willstill pass by the skin of it;s teeth.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
... to think that we thought so little of ourselves to think that ...

I think I agree with you, but I can't be sure...  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Yes that is a downside. People in VT who want to carry out-of-state get non-resident CCW licenses from FL and NH. The other potential downside is you will lose the NICS exemption of your state CCW if it is currently exempt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

from VCDL:

F'ing cool.

huh? you need a permit to carry on your own land?  that's whacked
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#46]
The Utah legislature thinks about it from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
My logical order:

(edit) and West Virginia

They only honor KY & VA. And barely at that.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doubtful.

Reasoning?  

<my understanding>

Was it one of those "Re-affirmation of the 2nd amendment" things?  We did one of those a while back, but I do not recall it making much of a difference in anything.  I want to try and convince a rep that we need to get away from the BATF regulation of our guns here...I think that is the next logical goal.

They modified our Bill or Rights.  But nobody's felt the urge to become a test case.

Section 1 - Statement of rights. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights; among these are life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the right to keep and bear arms for security or defense of self, family, home, and others, and for lawful common defense, hunting, recreational use, and all other lawful purposes, and such rights shall not be denied or infringed by the state or any subdivision thereof. To secure these rights, and the protection of property, governments are instituted among people, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source: Neb. Const. art. I, sec. 1 (1875); Amended 1988, Initiative Measure No. 403.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top