Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 3:17:39 PM EDT
I would love an MP-40.  But a real one is just a wee bit out of my price range.  Nobody makes a semi-auto firearm replica that I know of.  Any body ever got a replica like this?  A little pricey for just something you get to finger fondel.  Just kina curious right now.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=82414
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
A semi-auto version would be pretty sweet, I must say.

ETA: You could always buy the demilled one from Sportsmansguide and try to undo the ATF-compliant receiver cuts
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd love to start a company that makes replica semi-auto weapons.  unfortunately I see us losing hi-cap mags  and "assault rifles" next year when the dems take congress back.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd love to start a company that makes replica semi-auto weapons.  unfortunately I see us losing hi-cap mags  and "assault rifles" next year when the dems take congress back.

Christ, just lay down and die....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you've got money to waste starting a business that has a good chance of being shutdown next year, be my guest.

Starting a company that makes "assault weapons" isn't smart right now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
my old friends had one of those in their apartment years ago except I think theirs was also capable of firing those 9x18 blanks.  They got it with a bunch of airsoft and replica guns for only 20 something bucks.  Lucky basterds.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump, and please don't troll the thread.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Not trolling at all.   I'd love to have a company that makes them.  I just don't think it's a good time to start one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not trolling at all.   I'd love to have a company that makes them.  I just don't think it's a good time to start one.

The thread is asking about this non-fireing replica.  Not weither or not anyone wants to start a company to make real ones and the political rammifications of that.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nobody makes a semi-auto firearm replica that I know of

to which I replied that I'd love to start a company that did
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I too have long dreamed of having a company that makes semiauto only replicas of rare and hard to get military weapons.  Would you pay $1500.00 for a semi FG42?  How much would you value a STG44 at?  Some mods would be made to some guns (STG44 in 7.62X39 for example).  Care for a Sterling?  How about a nice Lewis Gun in .308?  Oh, but to be a millionaire...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I see us losing hi-cap mags  and "assault rifles" next year when the dems take congress back.

You do huh?
So tell us how that is going to happen.  Tell us what Republican seats in the Senate you see going to the Democrats.  Tell us about the "vulnerable" Republican seats in the house.  After you do that, tell us why the Dems, after winning the MOST STUNNING VICTORY in the history of American politics, are going to immediately turn around and commit absolute politial suicide by embarking on another anti-gun crusade?  Especially since their own leadership wants no part of it.  Huh? Why would they do that?

Tannim, do you have any idea how ridiculous your statement is?  Not to flame but you (and many, many others here) really need to bone up on your basic government knowledge and recent political history.  What you are predicting is so unlikely to happen it completely defies logic and reason.

Sorry for playing into the highjack but I am getting SO TIRED of reading this kind of crap.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one of those replicas.

If you can get past the fact that it's not real (and that it's mostly plastic), it's actually a very good replica. You can disassemble it just like the "real steel," and it cocks/fires just like the real thing. The barrel is even removable. The mag that came with mine is, in fact, a real MP-40 mag, and there are other metal parts on the gun. For example, the entire folding stock is metal, the sling mount, the cocking handle (which also has a prototypical safety), the extractor (IIRC), the disassembly knob, the trigger, at least part of the lower frame (I think the frame around the grip is metal), etc. etc. It is so realistic that - if you put an appropriately sized wad of paper in the "breech" like I did - you can actually make it extract a real 9mm casing if you put the casing in there manually.

If you're in the same boat I was (a desperate fan of the MP40 who was dismayed at not owning something that at least looked and felt like the real thing), I would honestly say you should think about buying it if you have the money. If you can deal with the presence of plastic, it's a mighty good replica.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me any specific questions (about this subject...) that you wish.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If you can get past the fact that it's not real (and that it's mostly plastic), it's actually a very good replica. You can disassemble it just like the "real steel," and it cocks/fires just like the real thing. The barrel is even removable. The mag that came with mine is, in fact, a real MP-40 mag, and there are other metal parts on the gun. For example, the entire folding stock is metal, the sling mount, the cocking handle (which also has a prototypical safety), the extractor (IIRC), the disassembly knob, the trigger, at least part of the lower frame (I think the frame around the grip is metal), etc. etc. It is so realistic that - if you put an appropriately sized wad of paper in the "breech" like I did - you can actually make it extract a real 9mm casing if you put the casing in there manually.

If you're in the same boat I was (a desperate fan of the MP40 who was dismayed at not owning something that at least looked and felt like the real thing), I would honestly say you should think about buying it if you have the money. If you can deal with the presence of plastic, it's a mighty good replica.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me any specific questions (about this subject...) that you wish.

Cool!  Yeah.  I had the great pleasure of shooting a real full auto one at a range.  Then I got a Garand, then I watched Band of Brothers.  Really getting into the WWII stuff.  But a real MP40 is just about impossable for me to get.

Do you have any close up pictures?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool!  Yeah.  I had the great pleasure of shooting a real full auto one at a range.  Then I got a Garand, then I watched Band of Brothers.  Really getting into the WWII stuff.  But a real MP40 is just about impossable for me to get.

Do you have any close up pictures?

You are one lucky man. Although I did get to shoot a full auto Thompson, that was pretty cool as well.

I do have one close up picture of it, next to an airsoft ( !) Thompson: www.airsoftretreat.com/features/reviews/m1a1/m1a1mp40.jpg In case anyone was wondering, yes....I'm a former (cured) airsoft nerd (though I'm still a regular nerd). This was taken from a review I wrote of an airsoft thompson for a popular airsoft site I was a staff writer for. The Thompson, if I may say so, is one very fine replica in it's own right (that shoots full-auto bb's through pop cans at the same RPM rate as the real steel). Also, that MP40 sling in the picture is not an actual sling, it's just something I cobbled together in my basement for fun.

EDIT: If you have the cash, there are (or at least used to be) older Japanese-made replicas (from the 60's or 70's) floating around on eBay that were supposedly increadibly real. Basically the same replica we are discussing (same company, too), except it was all metal and could actually fire special/rare re-usable blanks ("plug-fire caps" or something like that) on full-auto.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I too have long dreamed of having a company that makes semiauto only replicas of rare and hard to get military weapons.  Would you pay $1500.00 for a semi FG42?  How much would you value a STG44 at?  Some mods would be made to some guns (STG44 in 7.62X39 for example).  Care for a Sterling?  How about a nice Lewis Gun in .308?  Oh, but to be a millionaire...

Or 2850.00 for a 1918A3 BAR...which Ohio Ord makes and I'm once again saving my pennies for.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top