Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 11:25:34 AM EDT
Hi Everybody,

A buddy of mine, AirborneGAboy72, has been offered a job with Flour / AMECO and would like some feeback about them. He will be working in Iraq for a year or more.

What can you tell him about the company and what he needs to think about before accepting their offer?

Thank you,
Accountant
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have delt with the construction division. Man the paperwork drives me crazy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump for the night crew!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually what I am doing is being a Parts Manager for Fluor/ Ameco within the Repair facility that has a mock Napa store and repair shop. What we are interested in is any information for a newby contractor, that has some military experience but that was years ago.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Like the revised title says....he is headed to the sandbox.

What does he need to know and what does he need to take with him??
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Haha weird. My brother just went to USMC boot camp. He's apparently going to be... a Marine... accountant! I wonder if he'll get sent to the sandbox though. If my brother had to go, I'd definately be giving him a Glock 17 or 19, holster, and mags to take with him. Cheap, reliable, and uses 9mm. At the very least I'd give him some GOOD mags with magpul followers for his M4/M16 if that's what he'd carry and some good Beretta factory/Mec-Gar mags for a Beretta if he was issued one and I couldn't buy the Glock. Do people frown on baby wipes over there? A clean ass would be important to me if I was going over there!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget cold/wet weather gear.  Especially if you're coming in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Haha weird. My brother just went to USMC boot camp. He's apparently going to be... a Marine... accountant! I wonder if he'll get sent to the sandbox though. If my brother had to go, I'd definately be giving him a Glock 17 or 19,nice of you, but no personal sidearms holster, and mags to take with him. Cheap, reliable, and uses 9mm. At the very least I'd give him some GOOD mags with magpul followers for his M4/M16 if that's what he'd carry and some good Beretta factory/Mec-Gar mags for a Beretta if he was issued one and I couldn't buy the Glock. Do people frown on baby wipes over there?you can use it for more than the ass, and yes send lots A clean ass would be important to me if I was going over there!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Definitely rain/cold gear.  Its just starting the rainy season here.  We got about 5" over the last week or so.....turned this place into a muddy ass mess.

Baby Wipes are eh, unless you are stuck on a small FOB somewhere where you dont have access to a shower daily.  If you are on Camp Victory, in Mosul or Tikrit, you are pretty well hooked up.

Ipod, Laptop and a game console are a godsend here.  There are some wireless internet places over here which are nice.  

Thats really it for a civi contractor.  Also, bring a digicam.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Laptop and lots of movies.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Haha weird. My brother just went to USMC boot camp. He's apparently going to be... a Marine... accountant! I wonder if he'll get sent to the sandbox though. If my brother had to go, I'd definately be giving him a Glock 17 or 19,nice of you, but no personal sidearms holster, and mags to take with him. Cheap, reliable, and uses 9mm. At the very least I'd give him some GOOD mags with magpul followers for his M4/M16 if that's what he'd carry and some good Beretta factory/Mec-Gar mags for a Beretta if he was issued one and I couldn't buy the Glock. Do people frown on baby wipes over there?you can use it for more than the ass, and yes send lots A clean ass would be important to me if I was going over there!

From what I understand, you can usually take stuff, but not bring it back. So if I gave him a pistol to take, I would never see it again. He'd have to leave it in country and pass it to another soldier or something. At least that's what many have said on this board. I've seen many pictures of soldiers with non issued weapons. Hell I saw a picture of a soldier with an old Russion PPSH!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top