Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 6:48:21 AM EDT
Warning: interior design thread ahead!

I'm moving to a new apt and will need some new wall hangings.

I was thinking about taking some of the artsy gun pics that ppl post here, greyscaling them, and then having them printed on high quality photo paper and framing them.

Would that work?  What sorts of places would be able to print them, and how big could I make them and they still look decent?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#1]
signs now.   kinko's   maybe  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I took some of my digitals to WalMart and they put them into the Fuji photo machine (the same one that does the one hour photos).  An hour later I had some nice looking 8x10s on real photo paper.  All for just over two bucks a piece.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
My gf prints alot of photos from our home computer.

We have an HP officejet 6110xi printer and a 2yo HP computer.

It took her a day or 2 to get it all figured out ( wasted alittle of the photo paper ). Once she got it figured out she prints up some pro quality photos of anything she wants.

I am hard to impress and have to admit that I was surprised at the quality of the photos she makes.

We bought a new Pentax 6.0 megapixel digital camera for Xmas and she is always taking pics / messing around on the cmptr.

I myself do not have the patience to mess with it or learn what she's doing. I just let her do it for me

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Something like this, greyscaled, and printed to put in a little frame.  Most would have no clue what it was
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#5]
1.) Most of the photos posted here do not have enough resolution to make 5X7 or 8X10 prints from.  They way scaled down for the web.  You would need the high-res original to make a quality print from it.

2.) Unless you have the consent of the owner you really should not be taking that picture and using it for anything.  Even when posted on the web that picture is his and you have no right to reproduce it for personal use or otherwise.

3.) Walmart, Sams, Costco, will all make pretty good prints up to 8X10. Costco can even go to 16X20 I think, but you need much more resolution to get that large.   MPIX.com makes some fantastic prints but they are mail-order only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top