Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 8:20:09 PM EDT
Just finished reading a book called Under and Alone by William Queen.

Very good read that I was hardly able to put down......the 1% biker culture is scary as hell but on the other side, you'll never have a closer brotherhood except for possibly your brothers in arms.

BTW--Jesse Ventura was a Mongol back in the early 70's after his return from Nam.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
From the sound of it, they may have been a gang, but they sure as hell weren't much on actual motorcycles.

Most of them couldn't make a ride because their bikes wouldn't run for more than a few miles.

Apparently they were more just a scummy gang of thieves and drug dealers/users that happened to like bikes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There has always been a degree of attraction to motorcycles by military members.  In fact, the Hell's Angels were founded by vets returning from WW2
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Under and Alone by William Queen.

Sounds like a good read. I heard this guy on G. Gordon Liddy's show one day last week.  Mr Queen must have a set of big brass ones to have pulled off what he did. Really need to pick up a copy of the book.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just finished reading a book called Under and Alone by William Queen.

Excellent read.

This guy had a huge pair made of solid brass.  His book convinced me that I'm not cut out for undercover work.  Most of the stuff he went through would have made me pee my pants on the spot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Great read, I couldn't put it down either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]

BTW--Jesse Ventura was a Mongol back in the early 70's after his return from Nam.

It must have been the Mongol vote that put him over the top in the MN governor’s election.  He was a thinly disguised Dem who only was looking out for himself.  He promised CCW and then, when he got his finally from a local police chief, he dropped the whole idea.  When he was mayor of a Minneapolis suburb the police chief of his own town wouldn't even give him his CCW.  (Our current Republican governor got CCW passed TWICE in about 4 years after the first bill was challenged in court.)  Before he ran for governor he moved to another suburb.

Jesse Ventura, born James Janos, was the best argument for PROFESSIONAL politicians that you could ever have.  His former campaign manager is now running the governors campaign for Kinky Friedman in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]
don't know much about them but from what I hear the Mongols are pretty hardcore and are more feared than the Hells Angels.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There has always been a degree of attraction to motorcycles by military members.  In fact, the Hell's Angels were founded by vets returning from WW2

I know that motorcycling took off with WWII vets, but I don't know specifically about "Hell's Angels".  Are you sure about that?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that motorcycling took off with WWII vets, but I don't know specifically about "Hell's Angels".  Are you sure about that?

Yep.

That was the nickname of their squadron in the war.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

- Correct.  I do believe it was guys from 11th Abn that served as the core founding members with a few other vets joining in. I didnt know that was their start until I attend some courses on biker gangs around here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#11]
The movie "The Best years of their Lives" paints the scene for returning GIs.

It's easy to see why some would have been frustrated and hit the road on a bike to make their own way.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought The Mongols was the name of the biker gang that hated Filo Betto in "Any Which Way But Loose."
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

- Correct.  I do believe it was guys from 11th Abn that served as the core founding members with a few other vets joining in. I didnt know that was their start until I attend some courses on biker gangs around here.

Courses? How about that. What did you learn? When I lived in California, I was around the red and white quite a bit. Some of 'em are fun guys to have a beer with.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I thought The Mongols was the name of the biker gang that hated Filo Betto in "Any Which Way But Loose."

They were the Black Widows.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were the Black Widows.

That's right.  It has been too long since I have seen that movie.  I laugh my ass off every time I see it.

"Right turn Clyde."
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Courses? How about that. What did you learn? When I lived in California, I was around the red and white quite a bit. Some of 'em are fun guys to have a beer with.

- History of various biker groups dating back to Hollister CA, crimes they mainly commit, supporters versus actual members (what to look for on leathers), local bikers that we may deal with, etc. Took part in the classes during 2003, so I'm kinda sketchy on all the details.  Bikers arent something I deal with, so I'm not as up on the info as i used to be.

Hells Angels and the Outlaws used to be the two big groups around here, especially during the 70s.  Quite a bit of gun battles between the two and even the occasional bombing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

- History of various biker groups dating back to Hollister CA, crimes they mainly commit, supporters versus actual members (what to look for on leathers), local bikers that we may deal with, etc. Took part in the classes during 2003, so I'm kinda sketchy on all the details.  Bikers arent something I deal with, so I'm not as up on the info as i used to be.

Hells Angels and the Outlaws used to be the two big groups around here, especially during the 70s.  Quite a bit of gun battles between the two and even the occasional bombing.

Neat-o. I was just curious.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#18]
So what did they make Billy St. John do in order to join?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So what did they make Billy St. John do in order to join?

Well, you first start out as a "hang-around" after you get introduced and have to endure lots of suspicion and antagonism.

Than you become a "Prospect". this is when you really get treated like a bitch, you are a slave, you've got to get beers, light smokes, wipe their asses if they tell you to...etc. This is also the stage where they insist that you do drugs, commit crimes etc.

After a serious....and I mean SERIOUS background check, they have P.I.'s and attorneys working for them, they "Patch" you in. Meaning that you can wear the lower club patch on your jacket and thus you don't have to be a bitch anymore, Queen was undercover for more than two years.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top