Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 6:18:46 PM EDT
Hello.  I wanted to post this in GD so more people would see it.

I am looking for a H&K USP in 9mm, Variant 9.

This is the one that is JUST like Variant 1, but the safety does NOT decock the weapon as well.  It is JUST a safety.

Does anyone know where I can find one?  I have tried a few gunshops, and they said they couldn't order one for me, as it "wasn't in their system".

thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
They are easy enough to switch.  It's just the detent plate.  See if they will order just the part needed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy the variant 1 learn it shoot it, if you still want a v9 find a HK armorer in your state to do it, or DIY.

It is HIGHLY unlikely you will decock the weapon when taking the saftey off.  The lever has more resistance when you try and press it past the fire mode into the decock position.  I have a hard time doing it on my USP45 with one single motion.  I usually have to put it on fire, then attempt it again to decock.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Buy the variant 1 learn it shoot it, if you still want a v9 find a HK armorer in your state to do it, or DIY.

It is HIGHLY unlikely you will decock the weapon when taking the saftey off.  The lever has more resistance when you try and press it past the fire mode into the decock position.  I have a hard time doing it on my USP45 with one single motion.  I usually have to put it on fire, then attempt it again to decock.

What he said.  Any HK armorer can change it for you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
CDNN has some USPs variant 7.  You could just buy the parts the switch them out.  The prices were decent.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I *hate* decockers on pistols.  The whole concept of a decocker is STUPID.  It was obviously designed by the liability police, just like mag safeties and DAO guns.  Only Variant 9's for me, please.

-Troy

Get a Sig, tell me if you change your mind

No other safties, and I don't think they passed the drop test...

Me, I get leery of carrying any DA/SA without a 1911-style safety setup; grip and thumb...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I *hate* decockers on pistols.  The whole concept of a decocker is STUPID.  It was obviously designed by the liability police, just like mag safeties and DAO guns.  Only Variant 9's for me, please.

-Troy

you and i think EXACTLY alike.

the more i examined with the variant one, the more i realized... in a panic situation, I would probably decock the weapon.  i would slam down on the safety hard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

-Troy

Did you take your pill today?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

the more i examined with the variant one, the more i realized... in a panic situation, I would probably decock the weapon.  i would slam down on the safety hard.

Have you shot an HK USP? You would have to throw the safety down pretty damn hard to decock it. Even if you did somehow decock it, why would it matter? You would just have a double action trigger pull and I seriously doubt you would notice it in a serious situation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Have you shot an HK USP? You would have to throw the safety down pretty damn hard to decock it. Even if you did somehow decock it, why would it matter? You would just have a double action trigger pull and I seriously doubt you would notice it in a serious situation.

The man said hates de-cockers.  

I tend to agree with him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh.  and another thing that kinda ticked me off.  When i asked about the variant nine, the rep at the gun store said... "those are illegal in this country, they are ONLY in germany, they are banned from importation".

what can you say after that?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

Did you take your pill today?

are your cabbage patch kid thumbs too short to decock a handgun?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Troy

I carry my USP 9 variant 1 with a round chambered and hammer down.  Nothing to mess with.  Sure, the first shot would be DA, but big deal.  My Sigs don't have safety and I carry them round chambered, hammer down.  Same on both.  No biggie.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I will not buy another pistol w/o a decoker.

Anything that has your finger on the trigger except for firing is stupid.  Ditto for glocks et al for disassembly.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#16]
it is only the plate that you need to switch and I belive the can be had for under $10. It is very easy to do, I switched out the V1 lever for a V2 lever on my HK in under 2 minutes, it would probably take 30 seconds to switch the plate out. If you want directions, PM me. Call Mark at OPS2 for the part
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top