Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 3:47:41 PM EDT
my gun has a pistol grip, hi-cap mag, full auto, etc. or any combination of those things? I mean, if I'm a law abiding citizen why am I more dangerous with these than with a lowcap bolt gun? It's a moot point if I don't plan to shoot anyone, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
my gun has a pistol grip, hi-cap mag, full auto, etc. or any combination of those things? I mean, if I'm a law abiding citizen why am I more dangerous with these than with a lowcap bolt gun? It's a moot point if I don't plan to shoot anyone, isn't it?

HUH?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The same reason having regulations in place that prohibit employees from having firearms on company property will prevent workplace shootings.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
They do it because they care! Just like how they outlawed bayonet lugs in the AWB, so gangs don't start doing drive-by bayonettings and WWI-style trench warfare doesn't break out between gangs in the streets of LA!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Because the bad guy that is going to pull a gun on the store clerk will be afraid to use a magazine that holds over 10 rounds silly.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberals just need more control over you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
99% of laws (especially stupid ones) serve only 4 purposes...

1.  Make the sheeple think the elected cockroaches are actually doing something "productive".

2.  Restrict the freedoms of the law-abiding.  When was the last time you ever heard of a criminal saying "Oh, I'd better not do that because it's illegal"?

3.  Create a web that is so complex, so simply impossible to avoid that EVERYONE is a criminal.  You are either just awaiting getting caught or you become a problem to The State and they decide to take you out.

4.  Create either a "demonized class" of citizen (gun owners for example) or a "protected class" of citizen, one that has privileges and "rights" above and beyond a "regular" citizen.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Read some Ayn Rand sometime. A government cannot thrive without criminals. The government will just make up new laws to create new criminals to justify the taxation and the removal of your God-given rights.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Because then you would be only one step away from learning the full Somoli fighting stance...

...where you would hold the gun sideways, high over your head, and kill millions of people with just one hi-cap mag.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]
..it's for the children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top