Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:44:51 AM EDT
So I planned on going to the range.

I cleaned the new SKS last night. I got the new MGI buffer for the 9MM upper last week.

I actually went to sleep early so I could get up at noon to go check out a new range (I usually sleep during the day cause I work midnights).

Grab the rifles, go to grab the range bag....empty.  Can't find any of my hearing protection, my daughter's saftey glasses, misc equipment that I keep in there for the range.

Tearing apart the house STILL after  two hours and can't find any of it.  Pretty much blew out going to the range today... and a day wasted

WTF?

I even called the wife at work to see if she had seen the gear... maybe moved it cause I left it out in the living room or something...nope!  Last time I used it was in October when I went shooting the pistols prior to applying for my CCW.

I am so majorly bummed...and confused as to where the gear went.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Underpants  gnomes?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
run to the store and buy some cheap earplugs and goggles, and still be able to enjoy your range day, and worry about finding the stuff later?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont let a small problem like the lack of hearing or eye protection prevent me from going shooting.

unless there is a mini-y comp involved.

I agree with bubblehead though - Underpants Gnomes

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I can relate. I really hate those little buggers that move my stuff without my knowledge. I swear they MUST be invisible 'cause nobody ever sees them but stuff still disappears.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
well... I found lots of things in the last 4 hours.... nothing from my range bag.

Really weird.

I'll stop tomorrow and grab some ear protection and go hit the DNR state range for some range time. I had hoped to go check out the Howell Gun Club on their public day (Weds). Guess that'll wait until next week.  

In the meantime, if I do find the missing stuff before next weds, I'll just have a spare set of ear protection... I'll need the glasses and stuff mainly for taking my daughter shooting, which hoppefully will be here soon again when I get the stock I ordered for her rifle.

I know when I do finally find everything....I hope it's not somewhere obvious that I should have checked first...but damn....there's only so many places I would have put them if not in the bag.

I guess the underwear gnomes are expanding their field.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
well... I found lots of things in the last 4 hours.... nothing from my range bag.

Really weird.

I'll stop tomorrow and grab some ear protection and go hit the DNR state range for some range time. I had hoped to go check out the Howell Gun Club on their public day (Weds). Guess that'll wait until next week.  

In the meantime, if I do find the missing stuff before next weds, I'll just have a spare set of ear protection... I'll need the glasses and stuff mainly for taking my daughter shooting, which hoppefully will be here soon again when I get the stock I ordered for her rifle.

I know when I do finally find everything....I hope it's not somewhere obvious that I should have checked first...but damn....there's only so many places I would have put them if not in the bag.

No Expert

1. Steal hearing protection and safety glasses
2. ???
3. Profit
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
You range doesnt have eyes and ears there? Everyone I have ever been to does.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude. Duuuuuuude. I hunted ALL day. I was in the blind before daybreak; at nine I got out and hunted on foot until lunch. After lunch I hunted on foot until three, when I got back in the blind and sat until dark. I didn't see 87deer - not even ONE! When I left there was corn on the ground from both times the feeder went off today. AHHHHHHH....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:23:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Expert

1. Steal hearing protection and safety glasses
2. ???
3. Profit

South Park reference.

Originally Posted By FieroLoki
You range doesnt have eyes and ears there? Everyone I have ever been to does.

Well, the state range USED to, but now it's "provide your own" and the range I was going to go to is my first time there..so I didn't know if they do or not.

Ended up spending alot more than 4 hours looking yesterday. Nothing. I am baffled. So I'll hit wally-world on the range to the state range today and grab some ears, ammo, and a new cleaning rod (seperate issue..I broke one the other night).
Just for the life of me acan not figure out where everything went...nothing really expensive in the bag but still.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I couldn't find my Peltor Tactical 7's once, went nuts trying to find it....left it in the truck behind the driverj's seat from the previous range session, I had it all along!  That irked me
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:59:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Must be a Shmoo. The Shmoo believed that the only way to happiness was to bring happiness to others.The lovable creature laid eggs, gave milk and died of sheer ecstasy whenThe SHMOO  looked at with hunger. The Shmoo loved to be eaten by humans and tasted like any food desired. Anything that delighted people delighted a Shmoo. Fry a Shmoo and it came out chicken. Broil it and it came out steak. Shmoo eyes made terrific suspender buttons. The hide of the Shmoo if cut thin made fine leather and if cut thick made the best lumber. Even the Shmoo's whiskers made splendid toothpicks. The Shmoo satisfied all the world's wants. You could never run out of Shmoon (plural of Shmoo) because they multiplied at such an incredible rate.
Li'l Abner discovered Shmoos when he ventured into the forbidden Valley of the Shmoon, against the frantic protestations of Ol' Man Mose.
"Shmoos," Mose warned, "is the greatest menace to hoomanity th' world has evah known."
"Thass becuz they is so bad, huh?" asked Li'l Abner.
"No, stupid," answered Mose, hurling one of life's profoundest paradoxes at Li'l Abner. "It's because they're so good!"

The Shmoo must have saved you for something better that day.  You'll never know how lucky you were.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I wish my week went that well.....

Get up monday and drive to Chicago.  The place I am delivering to is not where Microsoft or their directions say they are (about 1.5 miles off.)  Pull in and cars are blocking where I need to turn (on their property) so have serious maneuvering to do to get out of there but finally get out.  Go to my pickup in Aurora and the switcher backs into my truck HARD!!!! Busts most of the body mounts and knocks the cab partially off the frame.  Have to get a wrecker out to pull the body over far enough to be able to move the truck at all.  So, get home Teusday morning and take everything out of the truck and wait for my lady to get home so we can take it to the yard.  Finally shows up and we get ready to go.  Raining like crazy and the neighbor had tilled his garden right up to the edge of the driveway.  Guess what?  Edge of driveway gives out and sucks trucks front wheel into garden.   Get stuck.  Couple of hours trying to get it out and finally have to pay $130 for a wrecker.  Finally make it to the yard and drop the truck off.  Now, there is no back up truck for me so I am currently jobless until they can get another truck or I get a different job.  But, I do know where my ear plugs and eye protection are.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I wish my week went that well.....

Get up monday and drive to Chicago.  The place I am delivering to is not where Microsoft or their directions say they are (about 1.5 miles off.)  Pull in and cars are blocking where I need to turn (on their property) so have serious maneuvering to do to get out of there but finally get out.  Go to my pickup in Aurora and the switcher backs into my truck HARD!!!! Busts most of the body mounts and knocks the cab partially off the frame.  Have to get a wrecker out to pull the body over far enough to be able to move the truck at all.  So, get home Teusday morning and take everything out of the truck and wait for my lady to get home so we can take it to the yard.  Finally shows up and we get ready to go.  Raining like crazy and the neighbor had tilled his garden right up to the edge of the driveway.  Guess what?  Edge of driveway gives out and sucks trucks front wheel into garden.   Get stuck.  Couple of hours trying to get it out and finally have to pay $130 for a wrecker.  Finally make it to the yard and drop the truck off.  Now, there is no back up truck for me so I am currently jobless until they can get another truck or I get a different job.  But, I do know where my ear plugs and eye protection are.

Damn....you win.

And I still don't know where any of my range bag gear is!

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a guess...

You left it at the range last time you went!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have a guess...

You left it at the range last time you went!

That would be possible...except I have the bag.... it's empty.

We did finally figure out why it's empty...my wife was fixing a flap on the bag, (sewing( and it would have been emptied for that...but we'll be damned if we can find anything that was taken out of it.

Already bought another pair of hearing protection (muffs) and just bought a new set of eye protection (for my daughter) since I am planning on taking her to the range next week.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
all the time

still missing my stupid wireless headset thingy so I can pace in circles when I talk on the phone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So I planned on going to the range.

I cleaned the new SKS last night. I got the new MGI buffer for the 9MM upper last week.

I actually went to sleep early so I could get up at noon to go check out a new range (I usually sleep during the day cause I work midnights).

Grab the rifles, go to grab the range bag....empty.  Can't find any of my hearing protection, my daughter's saftey glasses, misc equipment that I keep in there for the range.

Tearing apart the house STILL after  two hours and can't find any of it.  Pretty much blew out going to the range today... and a day wasted

WTF?

I even called the wife at work to see if she had seen the gear... maybe moved it cause I left it out in the living room or something...nope!  Last time I used it was in October when I went shooting the pistols prior to applying for my CCW.

I am so majorly bummed...and confused as to where the gear went.

No Expert

Moties !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top