Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2001 2:27:39 AM EDT
Watching movies on TV, Predator was on and I saw that knife that most of the team used. I remember seeing it for sale a while back but can't find it for sale anywhere. I want to get that or a Gurkha Kukri from Cold Steel. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're wanting a knife to use as a weapon/tool, I suggest you skip the Rambo blade and get something a little more manageable like a Ka-Bar. If you want something to hack a pathway to freedom from Cambodia to Siberia, then go with the big blade.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The knives and machettes used in Predator were all built by the custom knife maker Jack Crane. I believe there were some copies of the knives made (like the "Rambo" knives), but I am not exactly sure who produced them.

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#3]
"we're all gonna die"

sorry couldn't help myself [:D]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I own 3 very interesting knifes. The are dated
Plumb Phila 1918 and on the other side of the blade is stamped Model 1917 I believe they were called "Bolo's"?. They are very heavy and look like they were designed for use in a chopping motion. Found them on Guam Island in 1961. Just measured them: Total Length: 15", Blade 10.25" long, 2" widest part. Blade at thickest part 3/16". Wood handles, no blood groove. Like new. Weigh almost as much as my Colt .45 ACP. Anybody ever seen these before ?
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Frost Cutlery marketed a Japanese-made copy of the Predator machete in the early 80's.  They've been out of production for quite some time, but they still turn up occasionally on the auction boards.  They retailed for about $100 new, and haven't appreciated in value...don't pay too much for one when you locate it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Tyler...you got that right.
Jack Crain was the best man at my Wedding(I should have taken the motorcycle he offered me)
Anybody need contact info, hit me with an e-mail. Jack is pretty occupied these days with two elderly parents.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Save your money and get a Strider:  www.striderknives.com
Ice
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
They are nice, got one of their folders, big and nasty [X]
Ice
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Save your money and get a Strider:  [url]www.striderknives.com[/url]
Ice
View Quote

Strider knives are great!  Check 'em out if you haven't.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:51:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I liked the short sword (to long to be considered a knife) the native american member(Billy ?) of the rescue team used. It's the one he draws on the fallen tree/bridge when he stays behind to comfront the Predator while the others make for the LZ. It looks like a cross between a Bowie knife, a machete, and a roman short sword, beefy but small enough to still be very handy. I wouldn't mind something like that or a real japanese wakasahi made with quality modern steel. Short, but longer than a knife and can be carried on you without having to hump a lot of extra weight. In battle it seems something like that would be better than a fighting knife( as in not a pocket or game knife) if things ever degenerated (i.e. out of ammo, no resupply) into hand to hand, talking B.S. SHTF scenario here, but we all think along these lines sometimes.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Yo TAC, Jack made that one and I have actually held that knive in my hands.....sweet.
The set people kept borrowing it to cut crap down....
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"we're all gonna die"

sorry couldn't help myself [:D]
View Quote

"I ain't got time to bleed!!!"

Lynn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top