Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 5:45:55 AM EDT
It turns out when "The Govenator" crashed his motorcycle this weekend in Brentwood he was riding without a motorcycle endorsement. they showed him on the news this morning stating he didnt think he needed one because he has one in austria!  (which must be austrian for "i didnt think i needed one because i'm a rich politician")

Heres hoping the cops impounded the bike for 30-days and cited him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Cops already gave him a pass because technically motorcycles with sidecars aren't motorcycles anymore.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Maria will ground him for 30 days, besides, it's just the one with the sidecar, I'm sure he has several others.  I've always wondered how many motorcycle riders don't have the proper endorsement.  I'd guess it's fairly high.

How many tickets have you given for it?

ETA, from the DMV handbook for Motorcycles

A 2 wheeled motorcycle with a sidecar weighting less than 1500 lbs. is till considered a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cops already gave him a pass because technically motorcycles with sidecars aren't motorcycles anymore.

And it'd be really tough to ticket the governor.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
How many dupes of this topic are we going to have to see?z
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How many tickets have you given for it?

Zero, in fact I can only recall pulling over a couple motorcycles in my entire career. But i have cited thousands of unlicensed drivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top