Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:54:49 PM EDT
Currently passed out on my couch is a neighborhood deadbeat with a shady reputation. My sister brought him home tonight claiming if she didn't he'd be sleeping in a snowbank instead.

Call me paranoid but I have serious qualms about falling asleep in my house with my mother, myself, the pets, and numerous possessions I care about with this guy sprawled on our couch no more than 50 yards away.

I need a gameplan as to how to deal with this. Should I go to sleep and assume he won't do anything? I feel that would be outright idiotic at best.

I guess I'm going to be staying up all night with my Officer's .45 within 2 feet in case this man attempts to hurt anyone or steal anything.

Any ideas how to pass the time for the next 8+ hours? What about an alternate gameplan.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Wake him up and kick his ass out?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Kick him out?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Eject him from the household. Whats it to you if he sleeps in a snowbank or not?
Fuck him. Let him be cold.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
What the fuck is wrong with your sister?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.howtobuildanigloo.com
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What the fuck is wrong with your sister?

I have no fucking clue. She's an extreme leftist if that's any indication
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Drop him off at a shelter?

I'd sure as shit stay up tonight if you don't.    Watch HEAT.  Then watch BLACKHAWK DOWN.   Then .......
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Kick the shit out of him until he wakes up.

Walk, carry or drag him home.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Large shovel. You know the rest.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Drop him off at a shelter?

I'd sure as shit stay up tonight if you don't.    Watch HEAT.  Then watch BLACKHAWK DOWN.   Then .......

I live on an island with a year-round population of about 500. There's no shelter, he doesn't even live in this town. He worked around here but was recently fired.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What about an alternate gameplan.

Alternately, a roll of Duct Tape and a long drive in the country come to mind.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wake him up and kick his ass out?

+1.  No reason you should be uncomfortable due to this guy.

If you want to be nice, give him an old blanket and let him weather the night in a shed or outbuilding.  But to hell with keeping him inside.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Kick your sister the fuck out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Does your sister routinely bring in folks off the street or is there more to the story?

I would say you are pretty much stuck with him if he is unconscious and you don't have help moving him.  I would start drinking coffee now and plan on a long night.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Tie him up. Start pulling his pants down as he wakes up, have a buddy with you and argue over whos first.

He will leave after that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
SSS
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
http://www.howtobuildanigloo.com

Thats fing awesome
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Kick your sister the fuck out.

I'll be very amazed with myself if I ever say a word to her again that isn't an expletive.

I have the .45 nearby and ready to rock, with knife also handy. Cell phone on and ready to be used if necessary. Caffeine drinks are nearby.

I guess it's going to be a night of watching DVDs (as fight4fyourrights suggested).
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Sport the $35.00 for a shady motel room.  Send him there in a cab, $10.00.

Total spend: $45.00.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#22]
wake him up and show him the door.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Wake him up and have a pot of coffee ready. Act like you want to hear what has happened. Tell him that the ladies of the house are uncomfortable with a MAN they dont know sleeping at the house, and it is nothing personal. Drive him to nearest cheap flea bag hotel and buy him a room. Get a reciept. Present it to sister in the morning and get the money from her.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Does your sister routinely bring in folks off the street or is there more to the story?

I would say you are pretty much stuck with him if he is unconscious and you don't have help moving him.  I would start drinking coffee now and plan on a long night.

Without divulging too much of her private matters, she has always felt sympathetic and sorry for this lowlife shitbag. Why I have no idea.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Do you have a roll of duct tape and Saran wrap?

+1

We all sleep good tonight.

Add a few Crat cans with rocks and string, then you know before looney lefty Sister goes to set him free!

And as for Sister

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#26]
To the curb, and you might consider kicking the deadbeat too!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok why are you not going to kick his ass out?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sport the $35.00 for a shady motel room.  Send him there in a cab, $10.00.

Total spend: $45.00.

There's no hotels/motels/lodgings where I live (on an island as previously mentioned). No taxis either.

I doubt I'll be able to wake him up seeing as he's 12 sheets to the wind.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Without divulging too much of her private matters, she has always felt sympathetic and sorry for this lowlife shitbag. Why I have no idea.

Who's fucking house is it?  Who wears the pants?  Man-up and kick him out.  If your sister doesn't like it, send her with him.  Jeese.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#30]
is he down on his luck or is he shady? if he's just down on his luck give him a break
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Wake him up, hand him your sister's sleeping bag and a blanket, and send him down the street.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's fucking house is it?  Who wears the pants?  Man-up and kick him out.  If your sister doesn't like it, send her with him.  Jeese.

With all due respect, it's my mother's house. And if I kick him out, he's drunk enough to just pass out on the lawn or wander around the yard. Not a very good option either.

I'd prefer to know where he is and be prepared.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
is he down on his luck or is he shady? if he's just down on his luck give him a break

Shady.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With all due respect, it's my mother's house. And if I kick him out, he's drunk enough to just pass out on the lawn or wander around the yard. Not a very good option either.

drive him to the other end of the island
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Take his license or wallet as collateral. If he steals something, you've got his name/address.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Whats gonna happen again tommorow if you are on a island , the same damn thing. You gotta take care of it tonight if you don't want to deal with it again. He will show up tommorow night ,you can bet on it
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Question 1:  How old are you?

Question 2: If you are over 18, why are you living with Mom?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
If your island has a police force call them to come get him.  He can sleep it off in the pokey.  Then have a heart to heart talk with your sister.

BTW, did you really mean 50 yards?  Helluva home if you did!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like the only way to get through the night is to stay up.  

Your sister owes you bigtime.

HH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#40]
I've got nothing constructive or nice to say.

ETA: Its not about you either, I'm just tired and don't feel like ranting on about some bum will help
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

20, I'm home on winter break from college.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
If your island has a police force call them to come get him.  He can sleep it off in the pokey.  Then have a heart to heart talk with your sister.

BTW, did you really mean 50 yards?  Helluva home if you did!

Whoops...50 feet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#43]
get off the Internet and kick his ass out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Not what it's meant for, but ask him

"Does this rag smell like chloroform"

Problem solved

If it's not handy, throw him in the car and keep the keys inside.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Sounds like the only way to get through the night is to stay up.  

Your sister owes you bigtime.

HH

She'll never realize it. She thinks he's "a misunderstood guy" and really nice.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go in your room, lock the door, load the .45 and wait for screams.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

As previously explained. Drunk and passed out and highly unlikely to move or be moved. If kicked outside odds are he'll just sleep on the porch or in the lawn, which isn't much of a solution.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Take his license or wallet as collateral. If he steals something, you've got his name/address.

The guy's on the couch because he didn't have a place to stay, what good is his address?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As previously explained. Drunk and passed out and highly unlikely to move or be moved. If kicked outside odds are he'll just sleep on the porch or in the lawn, which isn't much of a solution.

Yes, but if he tries to enter you have legal footing to cap his ass.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go in your room, lock the door, load the .45 and wait for screams.

. I'm in my room with the door open to hear anything. .45 is 2 feet away, as is cell phone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top