Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:33 PM EDT
I am refinishing 34 mags....I noticed one of them has a several large dents starting at just over half way down the body I cant work them out and it catches the spring so I want to cut it down and make me a hunting mag since I dont have one.

so how long in inches are thease shorter mags and how many coils in the spring as im going to cut down the spring is well......any help will be greatly appreciated.
I tried in magazine forums under the AR-15 discusions but im not patient......

mesure the inside of the magwell with the bolt closed and post the length im gonna flush fit a mag.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont try cutting them down chaces are in the processe You will mangel up the mag enought so it wont work well in a AR and a 5 rd mag fits complety in side the magwell..
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Dont try cutting them down chaces are in the processe You will mangel up the mag enought so it wont work well in a AR and a 5 rd mag fits complety in side the magwell..

the mag is already junk spring binds up, followers jams.... I guess ill just cut it down and put a non-removable plug to five rds...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I would just block it to 5 rds and leave the mag alone.

I tried cuting one done once.

I will never try it again

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Dremmal extra high speed industrial cutting wheel and a steady hand ill post a pic tomorrow after im done if it comes out ok...if it dosnt then ill except the "I Told you so!!!" and a swift kick to the groin
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't taken my AR hunting yet... but I'm going to load up the whole 30rounder when I do.
In fact, I think I'll take 3 fully loaded 30 rounders with me.

Are you cutting it down to 5 for legal reasons or for looks?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
as I said refinishing my mags with "DRY MOLY LUBE"  and one is way damaged(got run over or something) so im just messing around.....hobby learning ...fun with dremmel...hahahaaaaaaa...

not for hunting I thought about making a 1rd mag for "THOOSE KIND OF RANGES" but decided on a fiver
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I haven't taken my AR hunting yet... but I'm going to load up the whole 30rounder when I do.
In fact, I think I'll take 3 fully loaded 30 rounders with me.

Are you cutting it down to 5 for legal reasons or for looks?

Lets us know how you and that Game Warden guy get along!

Perfectly legal here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Here too depending on the game..... also wanted to ask then for the inside length of the magwell with the bolt closed..as I just started ordering the parts for my AR...sold my guns when i was getting divorced now im starting again i will be also finaly after all this time and stuff I will become a paid team member as soon as I can mail out a money order...BURN!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Come a simple two second mesurement and a post ...help me out so I can get started..BURN!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
hello come on this isnt a hard request and I got to work in the morning need to get started......I drank to much coffee
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Dremmal extra high speed industrial cutting wheel and a steady hand ill post a pic tomorrow after im done if it comes out ok...if it dosnt then ill except the "I Told you so!!!" and a swift kick to the groin

Well it worked almost flush fit with the mag well and holds 9rds
tested it today with m4 at work fired 90rds from it with out a fail-to-feed. with two loadings I fired the m4 on 3rd burst 3 pulls of the trigger and a locked backed bolt...Now you are not allowed to sya I told you so or kick me in the balls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top