Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 4:24:57 PM EDT
Going to install Sirius in my fiancee's car tomorrow. I drive an SUV, so I just slapped my own on the roof and ran it through the back hatch. My younger brother actually mounted his on his front dash (in his Acura). Anyone have a Mustang with satellite radio? If so, where'd you mount yours?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT. Wow 20 mins and already back on page 3!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have XM, but I think the antennae are similar.  Mine is magnetic, I placed it right behind the base of the FM antenna.  You can see it in this pic.  From there it is very easy to run the wire through the passenger door weatherstripping, under the passenger dash, then up around the upper console trim to where my xm receiver mounts on one of the air vents.  

http://www.pbase.com/green68stang/image/43421589.jpg
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it a hard top or convertible?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
hard top like above
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have XM, but I think the antennae are similar.  Mine is magnetic, I placed it right behind the base of the FM antenna.  You can see it in this pic.  From there it is very easy to run the wire through the passenger door weatherstripping, under the passenger dash, then up around the upper console trim to where my xm receiver mounts on one of the air vents.  

www.pbase.com/green68stang/image/43421589.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post a pic. I think I like that. May give that a try tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I had Sirius installed on my truck, and Best Buy installed the antenna on the roof, right where the windshield meets the roof.  It was centered just behind where the rearview mirror would be.  The  antenna was slightly larger than a standard sized watch.

My trucks FM radio antenna was located in the same spot as on the Mustang pictured above.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
The XM in my mom's Chevy TrailBlazer is mounted on the roof, in front of the sunroof.  It was factory-installed though.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
XM recommended placing it on the fender behind the FM antenna and it works really well there.  If I'm showing the car or just want to take pics without the antenna being seen, I can take it off and flip it  under the fender in about the same place.   Unfortunately, it needs to be on the upside of the fender to get a signal.  In any case, it's easy to place, gets great reception, and hiding the wires to the receiver is really easy.  I think you'll see what I'm talking about when you do your install.  If you find a better place on your fiancee's '03, let me know.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an XM magnetic antenna on a Trailblazer - I ran it under the carpet, under the plastic, and out the door onto the roof (only a couple of inches of wire are exposed). You want to get it as high as possible on metal to get the best signal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
mine is a glass mount
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top