Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 3:30:40 PM EDT
I've been over there to visit them three times, they had a gorgeous ranch. Haven't been able to get in touch with them for quite a while, and just got this email from South Africa:

January 10, 2006

Dear Family and Friends,

At long last we arrived in Gonubie, SA in November 2005. It has taken us this long to get the email set up but we are finally “On Line” and anxious to communicate with all of you after almost 2 ½ years. We will be writing as many individual letters as fast as possible. The Fall of Zimbabwe is a long tragic story.  

Most of you will want to know about the rhino. We heard 2 days ago that more than ½ the rhino in the Midlands area have been poached. At least 6 rhino were shot on Twin Springs and probably over 30 animals in all the Conservancy. It is not over yet.

We had mixed feelings about leaving but we heard 2 days ago that most of the farmers in KweKwe have been given 48 hours to get off their properties with only their personal goods. All equipment and animals belong to the new “owners”. One of the recipients of this news died of a heart attack after being harassed for months. This revenge has taken on a life of its own and the total destruction of a beautiful country will be the end result. In our opinion, it is far too late for the UN or any intervention to make a difference. Zimbabwe is on its deathbed and will never recover.  

China has moved in. They are mining in the Midlands Conservancy and come and go with the warning that any attempt to stop them will bring the Defense Department down on your neck. Not hard to figure out what is happening to the rhino. When the rhino are gone, the ranches will be taken.  

The Bread Basket of Africa has become a welfare nation in 5 short years.

It seems like we got out just in time. We got a lot of our belongings out too although many were lost, stolen, or damaged. But never mind we are better off than so many.

Our Best Wishes go out to all of you,  

Janet and Sam
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's the cry of genocide here?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy to hear your friends made it out relatively OK!  Time to hit the flush handle on the entire continent!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]

They may not want to plan on settling in South Africa, either.  

It'll take longer (maybe another 20 years), but the writing is on the wall.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It doesn't count when whites are killed and driven out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't count when whites are killed and driven out.

Technically, it's ethnic cleaning, and not genocide, since the vast majority (like Rodent's friends) are being driven out, not killed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They may not want to plan on settling in South Africa, either.  

It'll take longer (maybe another 20 years), but the writing is on the wall.

True, I have an old friend that married a girl from Jo'burg and he moved over with her.  He says crime is HORRIBLE, and generally racially inclined to blsck on white, but pretty much no one is spared.  Haven't talked with him in  months, but he was talking then about always having his BoB with him, and pleading with his wife to come back to the states.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
With any luck, the Chinese will turn it into a dead wasteland.  The sooner they are all dead, the better.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
What about some amnesty for these folks....here in the USA?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I could give a damn if everyone in Zimbawbe was killed or had to move out tomorrow.  What concerns me is the white rhino.  One of those is worth 3000 Africans in my eyes, because once they are all extinct there will be no more, whereas we are assured of having plenty of starving Africans for America to try to feed for generations to come.

I hereby call for an Arfcom road trip to retake Zimbabwe in the name of the White Rhino.  We could overthrow the government easily and start our own state, Browningland (after John Moses).  Shit, Executive Outcomes and Sandline almost did it in the 70s and 80s, and they were private companies, what's stopping us?

Uh, they're black rhinos, not white rhinos.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
China has moved in.

The rest of the world is funding the Chinese juggernaut - they will p0wn all natural resources at the rate they are going (Mesabi ore has headed west across the pacific instead of east for many years now) - they will need oil - where will they get it and how far will they go to ensure their uninterrupted supply?

(slight hijack, shame for your friends, but there is another story here)

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I could give a damn if everyone in Zimbawbe was killed or had to move out tomorrow.  What concerns me is the white rhino.  One of those is worth 3000 Africans in my eyes, because once they are all extinct there will be no more, whereas we are assured of having plenty of starving Africans for America to try to feed for generations to come.

I hereby call for an Arfcom road trip to retake Zimbabwe in the name of the White Rhino.  We could overthrow the government easily and start our own state, Browningland (after John Moses).  Shit, Executive Outcomes and Sandline almost did it in the 70s and 80s, and they were private companies, what's stopping us?

P.S. I have relatives in South Africa so that's our staging area.

SA isn't so great a staging area any longer they have become rather anti-outside intervention(i.e. EO and Sandline type endeavors).  But hey, it's Zimbabwe, we could stage in country and still be home for the SuperBowl!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad they got out OK. So many didn't or lost family members.

Rhodesia had such promise, Mugabe has proved he is just another Hitler, and not half as smart.

A crying shame.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
20 years for South Africa to follow? I'd guess more like ten. But then I'm an optimistic sorta guy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I doubt SA will hold out another 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'd be willing to bet that the rhino he is talking about are the black rhino, Zim had many of Africa's remaining black rhino.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Come in, Green Leader....where are you?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

My chief concern for Zimbawbe is maintaining a viable elephant population.  Sooner or later, I'm going to need a new pair of boots, and I want another pair made of Zimbawbe elephant hide just like the ones I've been wearing for the better part of the last decade.  Other than having to get them re-soled periodically, they last forever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009UVCQW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Please God tell me that is on DVD now.  I've heard so much about it, I really want to see it now.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009UVCQW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Please God tell me that is on DVD now.  I've heard so much about it, I really want to see it now.

$9.59 shipped

www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=GOL001016
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top