Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 12:51:13 PM EDT
Pennsylvania Officer Shot
WPXI

PITTSBURGH -- Garry Bankston, an 11-year veteran of the Pittsburgh police force, is in stable condition after being shot in the hip.

The gunfire erupted Monday night along Rhine Street in the Spring Hill neighborhood.

A 17-year-old suspect was also shot.

The incident drew law enforcement officers from a half-dozen city, federal and state agencies.

They included a SWAT team and a state police helicopter.

Police recovered 20 shell casings from the area and they found a 9-mm gun near the injured suspect.

Bankston underwent surgery Tuesday morning.

Officials said the injury is not life-threatening.

Authorities said the weapon recovered near the suspect had been stolen from an individual in Edgewood.

Investigators returned to the housing complex Tuesday to gather more evidence.

WTF is wrong with teenagers these days?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with teenagers these days?

I have a terrible smart ass comment that I want to post but wont....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WPXI

PITTSBURGH -- Garry Bankston, an 11-year veteran of the Pittsburgh police force, is in stable condition after being shot in the hip.

The gunfire erupted Monday night along Rhine Street in the Spring Hill neighborhood.

The incident drew law enforcement officers from a half-dozen city, federal and state agencies.

Police recovered 20 shell casings from the area and they found a 9-mm gun near the injured suspect.

Authorities said the weapon recovered near the suspect had been stolen from an individual in Edgewood.

[i]WTF is wrong with teenagers these days?

I resent that......Theres nothing wrong with teenagers. Its the scumbags like that kid that give teenagers a bad rap specialy teenagers that own and treat firearms with respect.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF is wrong with this month? Seems like storys like this are popping up everywhere .
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WPXI

[i]WTF is wrong with teenagers these days?

I resent that......Theres nothing wrong with teenagers. Its the scumbags like that kid that give teenagers a bad rap specialy teenagers that own and treat firearms with respect.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm, i just have to wonder; where is the obligatory mother who will tell all the cameras that her "baby" is a good boy, that everyone loves him and who would never do such a thing all while crying her eyes out.

Maaaaa baaaaby, he didnt do nothing. He's a gooood boooouy, loves his mama and goes to church every day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmm, i just have to wonder; where is the obligatory mother who will tell all the cameras that her "baby" is a good boy, that everyone loves him and who would never do such a thing all while crying her eyes out.

Maaaaa baaaaby, he didnt do nothing. He's a gooood boooouy, loves his mama and goes to church every day.

+1  Teenagers are not the problem.  
Parents (or the lack there of ) are the ?!&*!*&!$#@!$?! problem!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought 9mm rounds were supposed to bounce off when they hit you?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I realize the person who pulled the trigger is ultimately responsible for this crime.  But I can't help but be pissed off at those gun owners who are not responsible enough to lock up their firearms!  

Not only is a cop and his family messed up by this, but now Bloomberg, Feinstein and Schumer have more ammunition to use against us.  A frickin' tragedy all around.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I realize the person who pulled the trigger is ultimately responsible for this crime.  But I can't help but be pissed off at those gun owners who are not responsible enough to lock up their firearms!  

Not only is a cop and his family messed up by this, but now Bloomberg, Feinstein and Schumer have more ammunition to use against us.  A frickin' tragedy all around.

who said it wasn't locked up? With enough time any lock can be defeated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top