Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 12:28:41 PM EDT
Cool, cant wait!  i just read in our local paper that Cabela's will open a store here in North Idaho!! real close to us. Friggin' A               Although in Spokane there is an  Outdoor Sportsmans, and that place is teh Sheet!   too      
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Want to guess how many MILLIONS of taxpayer $$ they used to payoff Cabelas into building a store?

It's sickening.

BTW - coming only has one R, unless it's pron, then you'll need to change the 'o' to a 'u'  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, if you go to that store,prepare to spend some money!he
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
oops!  but "comming" to think of it,(Cabela's) that is, i guess i got a little excited!   and your right,...the article DID mention a HUGE TAX break!   or "incentives" as its formally known.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The service at the "flagship" store here in Utah is terrible. I've been there twice and both times the people there either had no idea what they were talking about or were completely disinterested in helping me.

Sporstman's Warehouse FTW.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
In Before twonami, our resident Cabela's employee...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been to the one in MI 3 times and hope to go again in the Spring. I love that store!

Where else can you buy candy, a jacket, and Mk. 262 mod 1?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why do you think every 2 weeks he is posting "which gun shoud I get?"

He gets no paycheck, he is paid in guns...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
There is one being built in Denver too.  Damn, the economy sucks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to the one in Austin a week ago.  I must say I was not impressed.  Big?  Yes.  First I had to walk a mile to get in then fight 5,000 jackoffs in camo to look around.  

FYI:  You don't have to wear all your camo duds to a hunting and fishing store, Bubba.  

All in all I will go to Bass Pro in Houston more than the Cabelas.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do get paid in guns
ETA: Seriously? I know some of the employees who only work there to pay off their habit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do get paid in guns

Good perk of the job, huh?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I could have gotten a nice car for what I spent just in guns this year
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Want to guess how many MILLIONS of taxpayer $$ they used to payoff Cabelas into building a store?

It's sickening.

BTW - coming only has one R, unless it's pron, then you'll need to change the 'o' to a 'u'  

Not in Idaho.  It is illegal to offer incentives -- at taxpayer expense -- to businesses to locate in the state.  That's been a complaint of mine for a long time, but it doesn't seem to matter because we are the third fastest-growing state in the U.S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top