Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 9:55:25 AM EDT
My family has an 11 year old Maltese, always in excellent health except for the typical small dog teeth problems, she gets a cleaning under general anasthesia about every 18 months, but they aren't clean for long.

I noticed a dry cough and ignored it for a few weeks, no other symptons.

Last night, it seemed a lot worse, so I took her to a walk in clinic.  The vet diagnosed a heart murmur, "loud" and instantly upon listening to her.

I left her for a CXR and blood work to determine the best meds for her.

What is a heart murmur, and what can I expect.?

Unfortunately, financial considerations are also in play.  Is this something that has a good chance to check with medications, so that she can extend her life, or am I about to torture her with keep her alive, but with a poor quality of life?

Thanks, all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.webmd.com/content/pages/4/1675_51096.htm

It's people info, but the concept is the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top