Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:45:35 AM EDT
We Are Racists .com

STOP THE MINUTEMEN*!!

The following www.weareracist.com/photos.html]photos were taken of the Minute Men; an anti-immigrant group often affiliated with white supremacy groups, during the grand opening of the Herndon, Virginia Day Laborer Center.

Racism has always existed among us, but in different forms depending on the time in history.

Historically, people have made borders and strong defenses to keep strangers out, resulting in people developing unrealistic solutions that only serve to exacerbate anti-immigrant sentiments, legislation that prevents assimilation and the quality of life for people living within the United States.   Those who oppose immigrants’ rights often blame immigration and immigrants for an array of social problems, from unemployment to the poor quality of public schools to urban sprawl and congestion.  While such problems are all too real, blaming immigrants for causing them is a scapegoat that is ultimately rooted in racism as it serves to divide people who might otherwise make common cause. If you know anyone pictured on this website, please be advised that they are participating in the anti-immigrant movement

*MIN.UTE.MEN n. def: racists, cowards, un-Americans, vigilantes, domestic terrorists.

Sponsored by League of United Latin America Citizens

CNS News Story

Shok
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a little law suit would be called for - ya know, unauthorized posting of photos, slander, etc.!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF!   I don't see any racism in those pictures!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
We're not "anti-immigrant", we're anti- ILLEGAL ALIEN!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm anti-immigrant and anti-illegal alien.
Unless you have a valuable skillset, go home, country's full.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Far too many people are too stupid to make the distinction.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#7]
do the "minute men" charge for their services?
or do they do it out of pure hate?

these men and woman are trying to help with a problem that our states and gov. won't. you don't see the "ACLU" or the "AACP" getting involved to crush these civil rights violators (minute men). sounds to me like the "League of United Latin America Citizens" have something else in mind. i hate racists and i have NEVER heard of any ties between the minute men and racism. there are nut jobs in any organization!

usmc5593
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I emailed them to fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Illegal Invaders!! Scumbags !!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I emailed them to fuck off.

It worked!

www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=\Culture\archive\200601\CUL20060117a.html

'WeAreRacist.com' Website Shut Down 'Due to Threats'
By Jeff Johnson
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
January 17, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - The Hispanic lobbying group that launched a website labeling opponents of illegal immigration "racists, cowards" and "domestic terrorists" claims to have disabled the site "Due to the threats" from "anti-immigrant" individuals....

...After Cybercast News Service initially reported on the website Jan. 10, the plural domain name (WeAreRacists.com) became "temporarily unavailable."

Internet archives show that sometime between 2:20 p.m. (EST) Jan. 13 - when Cybercast News Service published a follow-up report - and 12:46 a.m. (EST) Jan. 14, LULAC deleted the photographs and accusations from the remaining site.

"Due to threats of violence we have received from the anti-immigrant movement who refuse to reveal their identity," the statement on the home page of WeAreRacist.com claims, "we are disabling this site!"

Brent Wilkes, executive director of LULAC, addressed the topic of threats during the interview for Cybercast News Service's first follow-up article.

"Several of the emails we have received threaten violence," Wilkes said.

He provided examples of "all the racist email we are getting."

"[The] only way to stem this is to take violent action against illegals," wrote one critic who signed his name "Gary Williams" and added, "Yes, that is my real name ... I am NOT a coward like most."

Another, profanity-laced email referred to LULAC as "spastic sons of 3rd world b*****s," but contained no threats.

The final example submitted by Wilkes decried illegal immigration and stated the author's desire to have "ALL illegal immigrants out.

"I have hated the illegal alien immigration problem in this country ever since I lived in Los Angeles," wrote the author identified only by his email account name "NovemberElection."

Wilkes believes messages like those justify LULAC's claims against the Minutemen and others who take overt action to discourage illegal immigration.

"All that serves to validate our initial impression that the motivation behind this ... the reason why they're getting up that early in the morning to go out there and do this, is based on racial prejudice," Wilkes said.

Though LULAC reportedly received the allegedly threatening emails between Dec. 13, 2005, and last Friday the group did not "disable" the website until Saturday, at the earliest. Wilkes was unavailable Monday to explain the decision. LULAC's offices appeared to be closed for the Martin Luther King, Jr., federal holiday.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Site Temporarily Disabled

This site has been temporarily disabled. If you are the owner of the site, please contact customer care.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top