Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 6:07:41 AM EDT
ILM Screening

Here's a short clip of a transformation for the new movie.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool !! I loved playng with mine when I was younger.
Did not know they was making a movie, when is it coming out?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It'll be on my "rent" list!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn...although I think there should be a little bit of a delay in the guy reacting to the transformation.  There needs to be a second or two of "WTF?!"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Damn...although I think there should be a little bit of a delay in the guy reacting to the transformation.  There needs to be a second or two of "WTF?!"

This is probably just an ILM test video - like the ones that circulated from the Hulk movie that basically - unfortunately - ruined the movie's chances to be taken seriously. I have no doubts it will look even better - as the Hulk did - when they do the final effects.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Holy crap!  That thing is more than meets the eye!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Transformer were awesome.  I use to watch them all time on the Bozo show when I was in high school.  Bozo show in the morning, WWF in the afternoon.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#7]
sweet
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Transformer were awesome.  I use to watch them all time on the Bozo show when I was in high school.  Bozo show in the morning, WWF in the afternoon.

Shok

YES!! I grew up in Iowa and did the same thing. I used to get up extra early to watch that cartoon with the guys that shot stuff out of their helmets too. I forget what it was called now.
The Bozo show rocked! My brother and sister and I used to make our own grand prize game at home to practice for when we got on the show. Never happened, but man we were ready.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#9]
cant wait to see Optimus Prime
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I came.

And I notice the designs are more like the Alternators series they're doing with modern cars than the originals.

They had BETTER get Frank Welker and Peter Cullen to do the voices of Megatron and Optimus Prime in this one.

And odds are pretty good ol' Megs won't be a gun this time around; it wasn't PC enough for the toys, so he'll likely be a tank again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
But does it come in MARPAT?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, I came.

And I notice the designs are more like the Alternators series they're doing with modern cars than the originals.

They had BETTER get Frank Welker and Peter Cullen to do the voices of Megatron and Optimus Prime in this one.

And odds are pretty good ol' Megs won't be a gun this time around; it wasn't PC enough for the toys, so he'll likely be a tank again.

Yeah but how can you justify the size difference unless 1: they do like the animated series did and just have him warp to be tiny so a 'bot like Starscream can shoot him or 2: Ensure there's a huge 'bot like Jetfire (wish I had one of those Jetfire toys- based off my favorite series, Macross/Robotech!) to shoot him when he transforms.

A tank would be fine with me. At least then he wouldn't have to change sizes. As it is they're going to have to make major changes to the transforming mechanisms in order for them to look right in 3-D.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, I came.

Not PC enough? Let's make him an evil 5.7x28mm Five-seveN with SS190 AP, a bayonet lug, evil flash hider, silencer, and a folding stock you know, because he's evil.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#14]
What gun DID Megatron transform into? And what accessories did he have?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Megathron is going to be a tank, model as of yet to be determined.

They decided that  the size changing transformers would strain credibility too much.

Be wary though Steven Spielburg is producing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#16]
reminds me of the mvovie , fun with dick and jane.  best part was the transformers part
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#17]
can't hollywierd come out with something original?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

But it's the Transformers!!!  

I'll have to see this one, but will be hoping that they don't kill/mame it
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope its not Transformers Armada: GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL, POKEMON! Woops, Transformers!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a Megatron toy when I was a kid, and it transformed into a gun.  Never heard of the tank thing.  

Maybe it was a pre-ban Megatron.  

Oh, and Frank Welker kicks ass.  That is all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Be wary though Steven Spielburg is producing.

Does that mean he'll transform into a walkie talkie?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What gun DID Megatron transform into? And what accessories did he have?

P38 with a scope
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Er  - I dont think thats transformers. It might be. But I bet its a car ad.

They had a similar one for Subaru.

ILM does do commercials.

OH - and the new film that is coming out is done by DREAMWORKS - who does their own SFX.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Every story has already been told.

The trick is to tell the same story differently.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I had a Megatron toy when I was a kid, and it transformed into a gun.  Never heard of the tank thing.  

Didn't he turn into a Luger?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Walther P38

FYI - they had rereleases of the ORIGINAL toys a few years ago. They werent cheap - but for a kid who only had a handful, I got a few "must haves". I still want sound wave and shockwave.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Walther P38

FYI - they had rereleases of the ORIGINAL toys a few years ago. They werent cheap - but for a kid who only had a handful, I got a few "must haves". I still want sound wave and shockwave.

The Megatron rerelease was in Japan only because of legal issues. I was lucky enough to get one when it first came out.

Megatron turned into a Walther P-38 with a scope, silencer, and detachable stock. Since I have a Japanese version, he comes with pellets he can fire, a sword, and rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top