Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:25:05 PM EDT
So I've got my membership now and tagged my first thread a week or two ago.  So when I tag a thread it appears in "My Active Topics" only as long as that topic is active?   So if it is not active I have to use the search function, my tagged thread is not directly available to me otherwise, correct?  About how long does it take for a thread to become inactive if there is no posting to it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
tag

(yeah, I know)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
tag

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Click My Active Topics.

Now look right below where it says My Active Topics.

"Topics With Activity In The Past 72 Hours :: Limited To 1000 Topics (20 Pages) :: 43 Results Found :: Compiled In 4 Seconds"
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
tag ........

you're IT !
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Click My Active Topics.

"Topics With Activity In The Past 72 Hours :: Limited To 1000 Topics (20 Pages) :: 43 Results Found :: Compiled In 4 Seconds"

So if it's no longer active my tag is useless?  Thats all I'm asking.  

I hope the rest of you had fun with  tagging my tag question.
May Zombies attack you while you are sleeping tonight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#8]
You can also search for all threads with yourself as reply author.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not gonna tag this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Click My Active Topics.

Yes, it will drop from active topics.

That's why it's important to title threads properly, so they can be found through the search function. Too many threads don't have a topic in the title, and are completely unfindable using search.  
(Example: "You gotta see this!!!")
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So I've got my membership now and tagged my first thread a week or two ago.  So when I tag a thread it appears in "My Active Topics" only as long as that topic is active?   So if it is not active I have to use the search function, my tagged thread is not directly available to me otherwise, correct?  About how long does it take for a thread to become inactive if there is no posting to it?

tag

no seriously...it will appear for yes, how long it is active.  If it falls off your MAT page yes you use search, but it will appear if it is "ressurected"(more stuff is posted after it falls out of MAT or is still in search.)

Anything older than 3 months gets archived.  There is a black hole between what is covered in search and what is in the archives.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yup!

You put "tag" if you have nothing to contribute to the thread. ...................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top