Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 1:25:18 PM EDT
Today I received by another member of a gun forum threats of violence against me.

It happened on the Italian gun forum where normally I post.

This man is armed, knows where I am and lives less than 6 miles from my home.

The curious situation is that in the last two days there were two episodes in my town where two people shot their neigbors, people and police knew they were threating their victims but police DIDN' T MOVE ONE FINGER to restrict/disarm the murderer before acted.

I am little worried and thinking to put a lawyer to fuck his gun license once for ever: if I succeed the only guns he would see will be only in pics...

I am asking what should I do, and if such a behaviour would be sanctioned and eventually how by the ar15.com staff.

Thanks

Paolo
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Drawn down before its to late. S.S.S, or call the po-po and say he annoys you.

Oh and corpse hump him 87 times
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
If he threatened you, print out what he posted, and report the fanculo.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]

If your sleeping with his wife, you got it coming
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Paolo,  please make sure to take the correct actions to keep your ass safe.

Thanks

TXL
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
but we all love each other here....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
edited ~ 82ndAbn
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I recommend trip flares and Claymores around the wire.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

as for me personally....

anyone that threatens harm to me or my family over something on the net isn't stable enough to have a gun. i don't play such games or engage in such bullshit. I'd have no problem "handling" such a threat.

+1  

being a gun owner, i am very careful about what i sayto people.  i won't even joke about it.

anyways, as far as the threats go, i'd definately contact the police.  anyone who threatens violence over petty bullshit like an internet argument shouldn't own a gun.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
edited ~ 82ndAbn

I think getting him edited by 82ndAbn would make him more mad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Annoying someone via the Internet is now a Federal Crime

Which prison is Sgtar15 currently in?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]
What ever you do, be safe.

Keep records, and contact the authorities to get a file started.
CH
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This guy is in Italy brianiac . (please dont sue me, I want my guns)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#16]
So what did you do? Just quit answering his posts- it's that easy!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Post his name and the board he is on and we will unleash a literary fusillade upon him, the likes of which have not been seen since the great "Just found out, a couple who is friends of ours were involved in a foursome over the weekend." battle of '06*

He will be reduced to a sobbing, whimpering dog!

*won by yours truly, in rather convincing fashion
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#18]
My Itilian is rather poor, but i'd say Calciarlo nei testicoli quando non guarda.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I understand that the ar15.com Staff would first warn him, then he would be kicked out and his account canceled.

If I was in US and the person who is threatening me, what the police can do? Can his gun ownership be restricted/erased?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Not for threating someone.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I understand that the ar15.com Staff would first warn him, then he would be kicked out and his account canceled.

If I was in US and the person who is threatening me, what the police can do? Can his gun ownership be restricted/erased?

Document the legitimate threat and get a restraining order which will have his rights 2nd ammendment rights suspended and guns siezed. The problem is this only makes people think they are safer. You don't need a gun to kill somebody. You can wait in a car and run them over or use a screwdriver or a baseball bat. That is all the police can do though is enforce the restraining order. It's up to you to make sure you're safe.

I know vindictive girlfriends play the restraining order cards out of spite, but if there is a legitimate threat, it may bring the person back to reality to have one issued.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Make him an offer he can't refuse.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Go knock on his door and say, "Here I am."

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
it's happened here a few times. the offending dumbass is locked and usually banned. It's a direct violation of terms of service.

as for me personally....

anyone that threatens harm to me or my family over something on the net isn't stable enough to have a gun. i don't play such games or engage in such bullshit. I'd have no problem "handling" such a threat.

IBTNTVRKBAP

In before the nutty "that violates the right to keep and bear arms" people

ETA, I agree.  Mentally unstable and people with violent criminal records should not have the RKBA
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Why don't you tell us what you did or said to make him threaten you?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I am little worried and thinking to put a lawyer to fuck his gun license once for ever: if I succeed the only guns he would see will be only in pics...

Thanks

Paolo

Ummm...you think your gun laws work in Italy? Anyone can get a gun, anywhere, at any time...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Document the legitimate threat and get a restraining order which will have his rights 2nd ammendment rights suspended and guns siezed. The problem is this only makes people think they are safer. You don't need a gun to kill somebody. You can wait in a car and run them over or use a screwdriver or a baseball bat. That is all the police can do though is enforce the restraining order. It's up to you to make sure you're safe.

I know vindictive girlfriends play the restraining order cards out of spite, but if there is a legitimate threat, it may bring the person back to reality to have one issued.

I'm not sure the U.S. Constitution carries much weight in Italy
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The curious situation is that in the last two days there were two episodes in my town where two people shot their neigbors, people and police knew they were threating their victims but police DIDN' T MOVE ONE FINGER to restrict/disarm the murderer before acted.
ThanksPaolo

The police so often have their hands tied by courts, laws, etc.  They do a good job of writing up the reports after the shooting is over.  You have to protect yourself.  At least he has warned you .

rj
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Lock and Load
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure the U.S. Constitution carries much weight in Italy

LOL...doesn't carry much weight here either...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
It's no big deal.  Internet is completely unrelated to real life.  If it wasnt this site would be called armchairwarrior.com instead of arfcom
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

A new federal law states that when you annoy someone on the Internet, you must disclose your identity. Here's the relevant language.

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

you are all a bunch of worthless scrotum licking dirt bags that probably dont even wipe after poopin,

Do you speak any language that non-gibbering idiots can understand? Just as the strength of a solitary brick will not save a poorly built structure, your bold typeface does not redeem your craven incoherent words.

The Anti-Moron™ software on my PC went crazy when I started to read your post. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself on the Internet. You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it. When you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain. As Ellen Glasgow once remarked: "He knows so little and knows it so fluently."

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid to read. If you called the Suicide Hotline, they'd say: "Go ahead. Do it!" Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't so dumb that even blondes tell jokes about you; if your weren't so fat that your local 'All-You-Can-Eat' buffet had to install speed bumps, or if you didn't have a face that makes your pillow cry itself to sleep every night. Nah, of course you would.

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple, asshole

my name is scott by the way.

i say go to him and get it sorted out. the police by your own admission are not going to help you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#33]
UPDATE: The idiot kept going on insulting and menacing, more or less vocally.

BUT...

The original thread on the Italian gun forum was closed, and a friend of mine opened another thread expressing his solidariety to me.

The Idiot, the, started to be vocal also with him, accusing him and me (I carefully avoided to be rough with him so I cannot be accused to be a agent provocateur...) to make plots against him using terms used by the media toward serial killers.

This friend of mine got very pissed of and answered this way: "Dear Idiot, what you just wrote can be a felony, and my intention, if you don't IMMEDIATELY stop, is to take the appropriate action against you by the law".

The Idiot, finally, understood: somebody told him, I suppose, that the friend of mine that expressed solidariety to me is a JUDGE, and he was risking seriously to be called by the police and say goodbye to his license and his guns.

No more offensive posts or threats since then.

Just to make to my arfcomers friend how it ended...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Why don't you tell us what you did or said to make him threaten you?

We had a bitter discussion about Iraq intervention.

He was against and said that war, any war, is plain and simple a CRIME.

Since we serviced in the same unit (paratroops) I told him that saying that war is " tout court"  a crime is equivalent to accuse me and his comrades (and himself) to be criminals, and therefore his statement is not correct.

He got MAD, accusing ME to defamate our regiment, that is plain and simple ABSURD.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, I'm glad the situation was diffused... without anyone losing firearms, without anyone getting hurt, and hopefully with no hard feelings...

What I'd like to know now is...

How exactly is war a crime? This seems a bit absurd to me.

ETA: Maybe that guy should'nt have firearms, after all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top