Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 12:20:58 PM EDT
I have just come from Iraq with a group of my buddies.  The communications company that my girlfriend works for provides equipment for the miliatary in Iraq.  They have problems with the equipment getting carjacked. They have no one to protect the vehicles and equip so they asked what it would take for us to go and protect it. My question is what exactly do we need to go over there and do this.  Do we need a business license, permits?  Or is it as easy as them putting us on the company payroll?  They want my team to go and don't want to hire any outside contracters.  Are there any guidelines to govern this? Do I even need to get us concealed carry permits?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
   The only problem with using a company is the fact that I'll make less in the long run.  If I keep it to myself I can charge 2 grand a day and make a killing. If I contract it to another company that same 2 grand would turn into less for me a day.
   The communications company was probably under the assumption that the army would protect the equipment they use.  Not the case I guess as there technical staff is getting carjacked for over 32 million last year.  I would love to dive into this companies huge bank acount and gear up my buddies and myself.  So far only 2 of us want to go back anyway.
    I called a company here that does PMC and they are very secretive and were not much help.
    I would be glad to be able to go to this communications company and give them an educated guess into how much it would cost and a timeline for deployment. It might speed up there decision making process.
    I may also end up needing 4 to 6 experienced gentlemen as since yesterday everyone else got home and changed their minds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top