Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 12:13:05 PM EDT
I bought my wife some crab legs for a special dinner as she is arguing a case in front of the Michigan State Supreme Court tomorrow and I had a question on heating them up.

Since I don't eat seafood, I have no idea on how to do them.  I was going to steam then along with some shrimp and a lobster tail but they won't fit in the steamer.  I think they are precooked as they are already pink in color and all I have to do is heat them.  Can I just put them on a rack in the oven and heat them/ or should I boil them in a pot of water?

Thanks guys.  I know you will be able to help.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You can, but it will tend to dry them out and shrink the meat. Just put them in a big pot and boil them until they are hot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Serve the shrimp & lobster hot. Serve the crab egs cold with coctail sauce as a crableg cocktail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
microwave wrapped in wet paper towels for like 2 min- legs snapped at a joint.  Wrap with some dill sprigs.

boiling is a pain in the ass

go to food network.com look up alton brown may have to search for it, but it should be one of the newer ones.  Also has a way to make the butter different-no not just clarified.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_22741,00.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If they are King Crab or Snow crab they should be steamed. Or you may put them on the grill douse them with lot,s of butter. Steam about 15 minutes, Grill about 10 minutes. Also the grill is great for live crabs or Lobster. More than likely they are precooked and if so steam is the best choice. Get a large pot and a spag. collander get the water rolling, place the goodies in the collander and you are there.

P.S. open your windows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top