Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 11:33:21 AM EDT
I'm at lunch the other day in a resteraunt looking over the menu when a woman is seated directly across the isle from me.  She is talking on her cell phone rather loud but I ignore her for a while.

Suddenly I hear the words that catches my attention.  "You need my credit card number?  Sure."

Now I'm interested in where this bastion of ignorance is going.

"Ok the number is... oh you need something to write with one sec"
"The number is #### #### #### ####"
"You need the expiration date?  It's ## of ##"
"The CCV Number?  It's ###"
"The name on the card?  It's J-A-N-E D-O-E"

By this point several other tables have taken notice to this and her voice is carrying quite well.

Then she tops it off "Oh, and I have a $10,000 credit limit and don't use this card much...."

Sigh, and she was on an unsecured channel (cell phone).  I swear, some people are just too stupid to understand why you DON'T yell your credit card numbers out in public....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
soooooo how much for the new 36" plasma tv, and do you take paypal?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Not too long ago while ding at a local restaurant the doofus at the next table was dealing with a CC company using his cell phone (loud enuff for everybody in the small dining area to overhear).  SSN#, wife's maiden name, address, card #, etc, etc.  OPSEC!!! people!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Secret Service bait technique perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have written it all down, then walked over to her and handed her the paper and said, close the card now, the 50 other people that just wrote it all down may not be as nice as me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would have written it all down, then walked over to her and handed her the paper and said, close the card now, the 50 other people that just wrote it all down may not be as nice as me.

Wish I had though to do something like that...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have no doubt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
WOW!  Some people deserve what they get...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sounds like my ex-wife.  When she admitting to doing something blatantly stupid like that, I'd calmly explain how potentially dangerous it could be.  She'd look at me like I was an idiot & reply with those FAMOUS last words, "Like that would ever happen to me," then roll her eyes.  

I swear, she's the easiest target in the world.          

Where's she living at now?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

*takes a mental note of that one..    good thinkin
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#12]
She wouldn't be out anything if someone was dishonest enough to use the information.

But yeah, she's a retard for sure. No reason to invite crime into your life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top