Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 9:54:16 AM EDT
I just need to go pick it up. Woo hoo! Come to find out, I'm a decent guy and haven't been arrested or anything. Ain't that somethin'?

Damn, this state will give a permit to damn near ANYBODY.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Time for a trip to the car wash so you can draw down.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
How long did it take?  I'm on my 6th week here in TX
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ohio law says no longer than 45 days. Mine took 4 business days.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the club!
Now you'll know what peace of mind is all about
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4 DAYS!!

wow... congrats man.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.  Nice.  Mine took 17 days total using electronic fingerprints.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh, and a heartfelt thanks to ARFCOM member walther_gsp for teaching the class. It was fun, and we even shot tannerite.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
and you aren't even going to thank me.   jerk.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Welcome to the club!
Now you'll know what peace of mind is all about

+1

It's pretty sweet.

Don't worry, they can't see it when it's concealed, but the first few weeks or so you'll think everybody's zeroing in on your piece  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#13]
damn,  beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the "I ain't gonna go by laying in the floor, sucking my thumb, and begging the bad guys not to hurt my family" club!

Train like you fight, fight like you train! Getting your CCW is merely the BEGINNING! Now you need to train, study, and hope you never need to use it!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
damn,  beat me to it.

Yes I did, you trigger happy sumbitch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My instructor drew down ™ on my thread without being provoked!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#17]
What are you going to carry?

G
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

G

Springer 1911 GI for now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No,  I did it because of that God Awful M*ch*g*n Jacket that you like to wear.  Seeing that just one time is provokation enough, hippy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Springer 1911 GI for now.

Seriously good choice! My GI Springer is my carry gun and I have yet to have it give me ANY reason not to trust it with my life! 10,000 rounds +.....I train alot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No,  I did it because of that God Awful M*ch*g*n Jacket that you like to wear.  Seeing that just one time is provokation enough, hippy.

Keep wearing it Subnet! Scorn is a small price to pay for the decades of pwn3ge UM has had on the Suck Guys!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Keep wearing it Subnet! Scorn is a small price to pay for the decades of pwn3ge UM has had on the Suck Guys!  

If he wears that jacket in certain parts of Ohio,  he's likely to NEED that ccw.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

G

A sidearn you silly phuker!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he wears that jacket in certain parts of Ohio,  he's likely to NEED that ccw.

LOL

I have to tell you, on my driving trips, I have NEVER had worst crazy-driving (for MILES) than I have when I'm in Ohio. Geez!

But that's for another thread.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]
congrats!

I filed my paperwork on Oct 3, so I'll probably be able to pick mine up sometime between may and august
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Page two!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn Mississippi and 120 days, which of course they make policy of waiting the entire time

So come April
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
congrats!

I filed my paperwork on Oct 3, so I'll probably be able to pick mine up sometime between may and august

I hear ya.

I take the class tomorrow night, and should have my permit sometime this spring.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I just got a CCW piece...Now I need to find time to take the class and get "legal"

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#30]
What is this "concealed carry permit" that you speak of?

Oh well, I'm about an hour away from a state that does give out CCW permits...

INDIANA!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow, some of you guys have to wait an awfully long time. I'm actually a bit suprised. I aquired mine in Williams county (adjacent to mine, so ok to apply there) and it was a very pleasant experience. My county will only take applications on Tuesday, and only in the morning. It seems like the process is a burden to them. Williams county on the other hand is very efficent and - dare I say it - HAPPY that people are getting their licenses. Like mine, it is a very rural county. There might be a total of 15 deputies in the whole county.

It occured to me that carrying was a better idea with a holster. I have a few in mind, but nobody carries them locally. Basically, the only stuff you can get locally are Fobus, Uncle Mike's, Bianchi...you know - typical gun store fare. For now, I bought a leather Bianchi Model 105. They didn't have any IWB holsters I liked, that fit a full size 1911. It's winter time, so I've always got an unbuttoned shirt worn over my regular shirts.

It actually conceals quite nicely. Nobody knows. I made it a point to bend over, reach high for things, etc. Nobody noticed. At the end of the night, I informed a few folks that I was carrying. They were quite suprised (and quick with the thumbs-up). I feel pretty confident about it now. You almost have to know what you're looking for. The only ones that MIGHT notice are other CCW holders, and they won't be alarmed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Going on 25 days here, don't know if I'm even gonna get it, cause I'm in Mass.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
What is this "concealed carry permit" that you speak of?

Oh well, I'm about an hour away from a state that does give out CCW permits...

INDIANA!

Get a job, move out, and head south my man.

ETA: Actually, you'll want to head south east I suppose. I'm tired tonight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Turned in my application back in late November.  Rejected first time because I didn't throw in a copy of my orders, oops!  Rejected again a few days later, this time for blurry prints.  Got them done electronically (they won't let you do them electronically the first time), and they sent them off Dec 13th, been waiting since.  The told me it would probably take about 6 weeks (from Dec 13th).

I think my 1911 will be my carry.  I have two P99s, but I can't seem to find a good holster, and I've emailed two companies about custom making one, but to no avail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Turned in my application back in late November.  Rejected first time because I didn't throw in a copy of my orders, oops!  Rejected again a few days later, this time for blurry prints.  Got them done electronically (they won't let you do them electronically the first time), and they sent them off Dec 13th, been waiting since.  The told me it would probably take about 6 weeks (from Dec 13th).

I think my 1911 will be my carry.  I have two P99s, but I can't seem to find a good holster, and I've emailed two companies about custom making one, but to no avail.

Man, isn't there a maximum time limit codified somewhere? I would go nuts waiting that long.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, isn't there a maximum time limit codified somewhere? I would go nuts waiting that long.

In Texas it is months. I'm not sure the limit but it is 3 months at least I think..

ETA 60 days or up to 180 if problems arise.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Texas it is months. I'm not sure the limit but it is 3 months at least I think..

I honestly don't know what the max waiting time is, but its late so I'll look it up tomorrow.  I've heard it can be up to 4 months (possibly longer I'm sure, if they're backed up).
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I just got a CCW piece...Now I need to find time to take the class and get "legal"

tinypic.com/k0hoc7.jpg

But.....that gun is cocked!  Aren't you afraid it'll go off?

(Yes, I've had friends say that about my Defender).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top