Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if she ever found the phone?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Darwin award winner.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok...maybe I'll stop bitching to the wife about housekeeping....it could be worse...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Hoarding.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been in several residences like that, including one about a year ago where my head did in fact touch the ceiling in several rooms, just as in the linked story. It's actually kind of common. Sometimes the houses are filled chest high or higher with newspapers, boxes, etc with narrow walking channels cutting through the hoarded crap, other times the shit is piled ceiling high in particular rooms.

Lots of freaks in this world.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#6]
What's funny is that alot of women are prone to clutter so this makes the whole arguement alot different.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Darwin award winner.

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Garage sale?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to George W. Bush's America.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#10]
If I was the kind of person who loved making slippery-slope arguments, I'd point out that once "hoarding" is the result of mental illness, all that remains is to slowly redefine hoarding. Extra food, water, supplies, ammo...

Now that that's out of the way...

She had a husband? WTF? My God! Where did his balls go? At some point - I dunno - BEFORE the shit actually reached the ceiling, why wasn't there a dumpster out front? THROW THAT SHIT OUT. Mental disorder or not, if I gotta live there, it's GOING to be clean. How the hell does somebody allow this to happen? Were they both fucked in the head?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If I was the kind of person who loved making slippery-slope arguments, I'd point out that once "hoarding" is the result of mental illness, all that remains is to slowly redefine hoarding. Extra food, water, supplies, ammo...

Now that that's out of the way...

She had a husband? WTF? My God! Where did his balls go? At some point - I dunno - BEFORE the shit actually reached the ceiling, why wasn't there a dumpster out front? THROW THAT SHIT OUT. Mental disorder or not, if I gotta live there, it's GOING to be clean. How the hell does somebody allow this to happen? Were they both fucked in the head?

I agree. Where the hell was her old man? Obviously he was a real piece of work.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

aw come on dude, you can blame Jorge for a lot of fucked up shit but I think he's in the clear on this one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Head touched the ceiling?  I've been in a place where the debri was TOO THE CEILING. The rooms were filled to capacity floor to ceiling and wall to wall. The only inhabitable space left was a one foot wide path from the rear door to the kitchen table, a path from the table to the bathroom off the kitchen, and a path to the bed, which was also half filled with a five foot high pile of old dirty clothing, papers, empty food containers, you name it it was all there .
Four rooms were filled with bundled phonebooks, bundled nespapers, bundled magazines, shoe boxes full of odds and ends ect.....and I mean filled....right to the doorway, floor to ceiling wall to wall.......and talk about smell?  I have a very lax sense of smell for the most part but the smell in this place nearly knocked me over when I went in. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned in what looked like decades,(the nastiest thing I've ever seen) the kitchen sink and countertops were nowhere to be found under two foot piles of compacted trash and food containers. If I had a camera I would have taken pictures. It was the most unbelievable sight I'd ever seen. It looked like an internal landfill dump.

I was absolutely astonished that a human being could live like this. Needless to say, the occupant was pink slipped to a mental institution immediately.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Head touched the ceiling?  I've been in a place where the debri was TOO THE CEILING. The rooms were filled to capacity floor to ceiling and wall to wall. The only inhabitable space left was a one foot wide path from the rear door to the kitchen table, a path from the table to the bathroom off the kitchen, and a path to the bed, which was also half filled with a five foot high pile of old dirty clothing, papers, empty food containers, you name it it was all there .
Four rooms were filled with bundled phonebooks, bundled nespapers, bundled magazines, shoe boxes full of odds and ends ect.....and I mean filled....right to the doorway, floor to ceiling wall to wall.......and talk about smell?  I have a very lax sense of smell for the most part but the smell in this place nearly knocked me over when I went in. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned in what looked like decades,(the nastiest thing I've ever seen) the kitchen sink and countertops were nowhere to be found under two foot piles of compacted trash and food containers. If I had a camera I would have taken pictures. It was the most unbelievable sight I'd ever seen. It looked like an internal landfill dump.

I was absolutely astonished that a human being could live like this. Needless to say, the occupant was pink slipped to a mental institution immediately.

I didn't know you visited me! I was under the newspapers....stop by again anytime!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#15]
SweetmotherofGod! How do you HAVE so much STUFF that you cannot find your SPOUSE in it???

Wait...now I know why Mr. Playmore tells me I'm too much of a neat freak!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

aw come on dude, you can blame Jorge for a lot of fucked up shit but I think he's in the clear on this one.

NO!  It's BUSH'S FAULT that woman was too <fill in emotional state of choice> to keep up with her housework.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#17]
... and on the same site..

www.local6.com/news/5784303/detail.html

Toddler's Talking Elmo Book Asks 'Who Wants To Die?'

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top