Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:50:03 AM EDT
Fugitive Shot, Killed After Desperate Escape Attempt
The Associated Press

A fugitive broke through the window of a patrol car and attempted to commandeer a school bus loaded with children before he was fatally shot by a deputy, authorities said.

Deven Lepierro's fatal run-in with police began Friday when he was accused of stealing from a Wal-Mart store and deputies discovered that he was a parolee wanted on two felony warrants, said Sacramento County Sheriff's Sgt. R.L. Davis.

The deputies cuffed his hands behind his back and secured his legs with plastic restraints. But on the ride to jail, the 24-year-old managed to free his legs and smashed the car window to escape, Davis said.

As he fled, Lepierro tried to carjack at least six cars and a school bus, according to authorities. Davis said the bus driver kept him out by holding the door closed, while students watched in disbelief.

"It was quick thinking on the bus driver's part," Davis said. "The driver potentially saved a lot of children."

Lepierro managed to get behind the wheel of another patrol car and tried to drive off, but a pickup truck driver blocked him in, Davis said.

The deputy shot Lepierro in the upper torso, police said. The sheriff's department said the deputy fired because the suspect had exhibited violent behavior and had access to a loaded shotgun in the patrol car.

The unidentified 15-year veteran of the force was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into the shooting. Lepierro was from North Highlands, just outside Sacramento, authorities said.

In south carolina he would be charged with manslaughter

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=424843
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Good shooting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Not so sure I disagree with his actions.. sorry.  Attempted to car jack a school bus?? Yikes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In south carolina he would be charged with manslaughter

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=424843

- I dont think so.  This case is a much more clear cut case than the SC case you are refering to.  Here, the suspect had immediate access to a weapon and had already made repeated displays of violence in an effort to flee custody.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Walmart.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The sheriff's department said the deputy fired because the suspect had exhibited violent behavior and had access to a loaded shotgun in the patrol car.

WTF?   The BG wasn't in the patrol car....

Cop didn't know if his shotgun was missing?  Couldn't see him standing there, handcuffed, sans shotty?

I think it's a good shoot regardless, but that story sounds like caca.........
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sheriff's department said the deputy fired because the suspect had exhibited violent behavior and had access to a loaded shotgun in the patrol car.

WTF?   The BG wasn't in the patrol car....

Cop didn't know if his shotgun was missing?  Couldn't see him standing there, handcuffed, sans shotty?

I think it's a good shoot regardless, but that story sounds like caca.........

- different patrol car.

"Lepierro managed to get behind the wheel of another patrol car and tried to drive off,"
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"Lepierro managed to get behind the wheel of another patrol car and tried to drive off,"

AH, reading helps.  

Good shoot, except he didn't kill him.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Felon behind wheel of car = Felon with deadly weapon.

Felon attempting to carjack cars and a school bus = Felon who is a continuing threat to the community.

In either case, shooting him is appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AH, reading helps.  

Ummm

The Associated Press

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Bang, bang.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Shoot more felons.  Libs can't parole a corpse.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Good shoot he needed killing a long time ago
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Was this guy on angel dust?  Or is there a little bit more to the story than is told in this article?

- He is handcuffed (presumably behind him), zip stripped on the legs.  

- He then manages to get the plastic ties off of his legs, kick the window out, escape the car, get his hands in front of him and tries to car jack a school bus, 6 different cars, manages to get into another patrol car and then is shot?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Good shoot.......................next please................
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Sucks to be Deven Lepierro.    

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

- Now that's funny!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I wasnt there, but after reading the news article, it sounds like a cluster fuck of an event.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Felon behind wheel of car = Felon with deadly weapon.

Felon attempting to carjack cars and a school bus = Felon who is a continuing threat to the community.

In either case, shooting him is appropriate.

Yes and Yes.  Good shoot from what is available so far.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I wasnt there, but after reading the news article, it sounds like a cluster fuck of an event.

Shit storms usually have winds in the range of mach5 - mach eleventybillion.........Controlling Chaos is difficult to do even under the best of circumstances.    Everyone is OK and bad guy is dead.   Sounds good to me.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#20]
He deserved to die.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't know. They have an awful lot of corpses voting for them already.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Was this guy on angel dust?  Or is there a little bit more to the story than is told in this article?

- He is handcuffed (presumably behind him), zip stripped on the legs.  

- He then manages to get the plastic ties off of his legs, kick the window out, escape the car, get his hands in front of him and tries to car jack a school bus, 6 different cars, manages to get into another patrol car and then is shot?

More than likely meth or crack.  You just don't see as much PCP as you used too. As for the restraints,  if they don't care about pain they can pull the flexicuffs apart, and a skinny guy can get his handcuffs out in front of him faster than you can beleive.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Tough and Shit are the two words that come to mind. He can take his bang bang bling to hell with him. [the bullets] Good shoot for the cop.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AH, reading helps.  

Ummm

The Associated Press

just not your day, fight4yourrights
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Good, now my few tax dollars they get can help farm babies in the Slums
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Those of you who know may not believe it, but in my younger svelte days,  I could easily get my cuffed hands from behind me to in front.  I even did it in front of my Shore Patrol Orientation class, when one of the other students said it couldn't be done.  Surprised the hell out of everyone including the instructors.

And once the cuffs are in front they are almost useless.  Use a tie-tie to fasten to a belt or beltloop in back.  I also used to be able to get through the dog door at my parents house.  You'ld be surprised at how small a dog door a big guy can get through except when the dog is chewing on him.

Definitely a good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Those of you who know may not believe it, but in my younger svelte days,  I could easily get my cuffed hands from behind me to in front.  I even did it in front of my Shore Patrol Orientation class, when one of the other students said it couldn't be done.  Surprised the hell out of everyone including the instructors..

Ive seen two freaks in my careeer that could do it going over their head instead of under the feet. One was literally a circus freak. the other just had suffered a dislocated shoulder so many times he could do it at will.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Those of you who know may not believe it, but in my younger svelte days,  I could easily get my cuffed hands from behind me to in front.  

Thats why I use hinged cuffs and double stack......try and get of out stacked cuffs.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yes.  Fewer dogs will die -- and cops will become better shots in the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top