Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 6:18:17 AM EDT
Anybody have a rifle for it, thinking about getting a TC Encore chambered in it. Wondering how it recoils, And whats the best barrel length. Were is a good place to get ammunition and reloading supply's for it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody have a rifle for it, thinking about getting a TC Encore chambered in it. Wondering how it recoils, And whats the best barrel length. Were is a good place to get ammunition and reloading supply's for it?

This sounds like the beginning of a story. "The Guy Who Said Ouch!"
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Video, please.

G
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Rifle or pistol?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Rifle
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay.

Then get one.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's Midways ammo prices

Pricey stuff, I don't know if the action could take the kind of pressure this round puts out, although I have no idea what I'm talking about
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Handled a double rifle chambered in 470 NE once on a search warrant.  Those rounds are huge and the owner said it would put a hurting on you too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I shot a 470 NE double rifle.  The damn thing probably weighed 15-16 lbs. It kicked like a mule.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Will an Encore frame handle that round?

I don't know.....so I'm curious.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
thinking about getting a TC Encore chambered in it.

Better opt for a muzzle brake too.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it ends like, "Fuck it, I'm paying for this bitch."
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't let these guys tell you different. It recoils about the same as a .270 very light.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't let these guys tell you different. It recoils about the same as a .270 very light.

Has the .460 been shot yet?  

SBG
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Check with your opthamologist, ask him what the term DETACHED RETINA means...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Still working on the stock, when time permits... And Ive got Stealth's .416 Rem Mag to finish before I can get back to mine..

ETA: I need to get a pic of the 450 gr Barnes Triple shocks I have loaded up Holly cow that look mean!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Still working on the stock, when time permits... (read: I'm scared of this bitch and if I don't finish it I'll never have to actually touch off a round) And Ive got Stealth's .416 Rem Mag to finish before I can get back to mine..

I thought you were going to do him a favor and sell the useless rifle for him?  

I'll give ya tree-fiddy.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

Still working on the stock, when time permits... (read: I'm scared of this bitch and if I don't finish it I'll never have to actually touch off a round) And Ive got Stealth's .416 Rem Mag to finish before I can get back to mine..

I thought you were going to do him a favor and sell the useless rifle for him?  

I'll give ya tree-fiddy.

SBG

LOL and sorry for the hijack...
Not skert!  Well you know the story of the cobblers kids, and no shoes.. Well its the same in the gunsmith trade.. My stuff and projects get worked on last..
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the one.

However it ends up though, good luck and remember the NRA endowment in your will before you head to the range.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Handled a double rifle chambered in 470 NE once on a search warrant.  Those rounds are huge and the owner said it would put a hurting on you too.

So, what was the warrant for that the owner let you play with his toys?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it ends with him perpetually looking at it and wondering when he will be able to take the prosthetic brace off his wrist.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#22]
i dont think the encore frame will handle that elephant round.  tc custom shop chambers for 375H&H Mag and 416 Rigby tho.... you could check with SSK or Bullberry.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#23]
SSk is the one doing it, 24 inch stainless steel threaded for their brake. Gonna try it without it first mmmmmm recoil If i live may try a big bore pistol, see what can be stuffed into a Contender frame.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, what was the warrant for that the owner let you play with his toys?

- Posession of firearm by felon.  I dont know the whole story, but supposedly the guy was loaning guns out for people to do robberies with.  A couple officers kinda stumbled upon the whole thing, got a search warrant for the residence and business, and recovered close to 150 firearms. We took all kinds of stuff out of there like the .470 NE and a McMillian in 50bmg
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I shot a Derringer in .470 Nitro Express before, very smooth shooter, little recoil.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Saw a guy shooting one of these at the range once.  It was a double and it was heavy.  He was trying to sight it in to go cape buffalo hunting but after one or two shots off the bench, he couldn't handle it anymore and had to try to sight it in standing.  Glad I wasn't going to be his PH.  He was a big guy too and every shot ended up with the barrels pointed up about 45 degrees.  It was VERY loud.  Also had 3-9 variable on it; strange choice I thought but what do I know?  I think the guy had more $ than sense.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I would be scared to shoot it, double rifles weigh 10 to 15 pounds for a reason. I dont know if anyone makes dies, ammo is damn expensive, I paid 12 dollars for one round to put in my ammo collection.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I think you should do it.  Please post pics or video.  
Couple of things to consider:
You want to make the gun light as possible so you can carry it in the field
Also, breaks are for girls, you should shoot without one
Make the barrel about 16" or so, that way you can blind you prey if you miss them

Again, good luck and please take pics
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think you should do it.  Please post pics or video.  
Couple of things to consider:
You want to make the gun light as possible so you can carry it in the field
Also, breaksBrakes are for girls, you should shoot without one
Make the barrel about 16" or so, that way you can blind you prey if you miss them

Again, good luck and please take pics

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You dumb fucking jackass why would you ask that?????
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You dumb fucking jackass why would you ask that?????

They said 470NE is max for the rifle supposed to kick worse than a ultra lite 50bmg

Naww i want a 24 barrel ,and yes I'm going to try it without the brake first stupid brake is 175 bucks. Loaded it shouldn't weight  more than 6.5 pounds It will be i think 6 weeks before i get it if i can find ammo I'll try to get a video or scan of my xrays.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#32]
I see a  .470 NE Encore in near mint condition for sale in the near future, with a box of ammo with two empty brasses.

Announcer: "What's your prediction, Mr. T?"
Mr. T: "Pain"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top