User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 11:59:18 PM EDT
Who can call this waste of time a Film.
This was the most climax-less movie I have seen
Nothing Happens, and more of nothing is the ending
Worst Film Ive seen in 06
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
  I would normally want to see this type of movie but three things kept me out of the theater.

Clooney, Matt Damon and the fact that it was directed by the guy from "Traffic" . Traffic was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
damn, i loved "traffic"! loved the original "trafik" as well.

i knew to stay away from this one cuz i saw the director and screenwriter on "charlie rose"...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I too loved traffic.   that is why i was so supprised.
dammit  anyways
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Geo. Clooney was great in "O Brother Where Art Thou", but his ego is as big as the Titanic. And he can't keep his politics out of his pix, nor his mouth shut. He has the right to freedom of speech, and so do I. Therefore I exercise my freedom of speech through my wallet. No mo' Hollyweird for me- just say NO!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Won't be wasting my money and time seeing it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I liked Traffic, especially the Catherine Zeta-Jones character.  She goes from clueless hausfrau to ordering hits on witnesses against her coke-smuggling husband.  That's the kind of girl you marry.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Horrible.  I couldn't become interested in any part of the movie.  I'm just glad that I only spent $2 on that piece of crap.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]
$2 for a movie.  wow that is a great price.
I paid $8.  I am currently petitioning for my money back.
I cant reach anyone at my local theatre office due to the restraining order
but someone from corporate should be contacting me soon about my reimbursement
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep spending your money supporting those that want your firearms.

Sorry guys, Hollywood doesn't get a penny from me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
$2 for a movie.  wow that is a great price.
I paid $8.  I am currently petitioning for my money back.
I cant reach anyone at my local theatre office due to the restraining order
but someone from corporate should be contacting me soon about my reimbursement

$2= LE discount...a badge goes a long way
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I finished it but - it was horrible - is not an option...

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I will NEVER put money in Clooney's wallet or any of those assholes.
Have not paid for a movie in almost 12 years. Piss on all of em'
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
PROS:
- It makes some good points about how deals (political, business, whatever) are really made, and how people can be used and tossed aside.  Very Machiavellian (sp?).  This aspect was a bit heavy-handed, but ... it's a movie.
- It does point out that the USA is addicted to energy consumption.  ADDICTED.  Yup - I have an SUV, so paint me with that same brush.

CONS:
- It acts like the USA is the only nation that seeks to preserve its power and influence.  Yeah, right ... we're the only wolf in a world full of lambs.
- And by the way, did these guys remember that we support representational democracy across the entire world?
- Finally, in addition to representational democracy, the USA supports laissez faire capitalism, and protects private property.  Perhaps we don't have full-blown "social Darwinism", but even that tough systems beats (read: yields better results than) the egalitarian suppression of talent.  Capitalism / private property are the reasons why America will ALWAYS have the worlds highest GNP (sure, China is growing faster.  The increase from 0 to 1 is an infinite increase; that from 100 to 101 ain't so impressive - or is it?).  This movie seems to take a few digs a capitalism / private property.

C or perhaps C minus.  Politics aside, it was OK entertainment.  You must pay attention.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Geo. Clooney was great in "O Brother Where Art Thou", but his ego is as big as the Titanic. And he can't keep his politics out of his pix, nor his mouth shut. He has the right to freedom of speech, and so do I. Therefore I exercise my freedom of speech through my wallet. No mo' Hollyweird for me- just say NO!

I hope one day he runs head long into an iceberg.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't seen it, but isn’t Dr. Bashir from Star Trek DS9 in it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#16]
only redeming factor was the actor that played Bashir on DS9 getting a fairly large role in a big budget movie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top