Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 10:24:14 PM EDT
I want to write a graphical user interface that plots the balistics curves of handloads using certain bbls, powders, calibers, etc...

I was wondering what equations are out there to accuractely predict how a bullet will fire based on the variables.

Oh yea... I'm doing this for engineering open house at UIUC...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.exteriorballistics.com/software/index.cfm
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you're doing it for a project, how about taking data (yourself or ask here--Old Painless?) with some variables (charge, projectile, barrel length, etc.) and then creating the proper equations yourself?

I'm saying that only because it would look more impressive as an engineering project.  I have no idea what kind of time frame you're looking at, nor what guidelines have been imposed.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since you're doing it for a project, how about taking data (yourself or ask here--Old Painless?) with some variables (charge, projectile, barrel length, etc.) and then creating the proper equations yourself?

I'm saying that only because it would look more impressive as an engineering project.  I have no idea what kind of time frame you're looking at, nor what guidelines have been imposed.

Jim

Even more impressive would be to use the available formulas then verify the accuracy of those by doing your own tests.

Ha, beat that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ha, beat that.

1.  Design and build a gun from scratch.  Begin with iron ore you mine yourself.
2. ...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Jim

I have til mid March... what your saying isn't impossible at all... this could be very very very fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top