Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 8:28:44 PM EDT
I was living in and paying the bills in a house owned by my dad, no paper agreement though.

Since he screwed me on it I moved.

I still got his keys, is there anything they can really do if I dont return them?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
what keys?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was living in and paying the bills in a house owned by my dad, no paper agreement though.

I still got his keys, is there anything they can really do if I dont return them?

change the locks?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Call a locksmith?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

change the locks?

I got the only copy
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just send them back............nothing to be gained here by keeping them.

vmax84
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just send them back............nothing to be gained here by keeping them.

vmax84

Making it a pain in their ass is a gain to me if there isnt anything they can do.  I feel I owe them some and its not enough but its a start.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

change the locks?

I got the only copy

call a locksmith and then change the locks?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

change the locks?

I got the only copy

Ok so I quess nothing legal they can do. if they were lost in the mail or found there way into my box of scrap brass.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

change the locks?

I got the only copy

Ok so I quess nothing legal they can do. if they were lost in the mail or found there way into my box of scrap brass.

It's really not worth the bother to go through legal channels, unless they were just being vindictive.

If they can't get in, all they need to do is call a locksmith, and he can either just open the doors so they can change the locks, or rekey the locks for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top